Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

From Last Dance WOW this has never happened to me before from this site.

This is a copy of an Email that i received today. This is how the heading was. My question is why would they send this to me in my personal Email.

[ALZConnected] Sayra commented on Just need to talk to my friends (190)

ALZConnected Team <[email protected]

It did not any of the message it said Download message and pictures (12.74kb) needless to say I did not down load it. I am not sure if this a scam or what and if it is from Alz why did come to my person Email. I am going to send this to the administrator, but I don't think they will care I am not even sure if they are real or not anymore.

Comments

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,408
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

They are sending emails to people’s personal emails. You were probably mentioned in a post. Go to your alzconnected account profile and uncheck the boxes that say notification by email.

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Thanks I tried that and it wouldn't let me uncheck it, also i cant fine how to email the administrator

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Gosh LD, I don't like that one bit. I was able to uncheck all notifications about ten days ago. Maybe one of our moderators will read this and be able to do something about it.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023

I got about 25 notifications in my regular email before someone explained it to me. Follow Victoria's instructions, and then DELETE all the notifications in your email.

Iris

• michiganpat
    michiganpat Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Thank you. I had all kinds of blue checks and unchecked all of them.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

I can understand how startling this must have been. Go to your Profile and click on, "Account and Privacy Settings, " then go to the right side of the screen and click on, ""Notification Preferences." On this, it will give you choices . . . you can click on which specific notifications you wish to receive AND also HOW you wish to be notified . . . by email or by pop-ups. Unclick any notifications you do not wish to receive.

On my notification, I UNclicked most everything except if I was invited to a Group; and checked for it to go to my email rather than have annoying pop-ups. I went back a few days later to double check my Notification preferences, BUT . . . despite my having done my preferences, it had not processed my preferences fully . . . for some reason, the program left a few other items checked that I absolutely know I had unchecked, just as if I wished to have them. I had to go in a second time and erase all the unwanted notifications.

So, do change your notifications and then go back a day later and double check that all is as you wish it to be. if you run into any issues processing this, let Admin. know.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Whoops - just noticed that you did not know how to make contact for assistance. Use: [email protected] and you will be able to make a report or ask for assistance.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney