Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Need Help - Fecal Stain Removal

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

We had a guest stop and visit this weekend at our house. Unfortunately, this individual who shall remain unidentified, had a bout of food poisoning he/she thinks. On the way to the bathroom, they lost control of their bowels and had some liquid stool leak onto our carpeting. Omigosh. Needless to say, the person is unbelievably embarrassed despite my telling them the body does what the body does. The poor person left for home with tears despite our trying to soothe them.

Had no stain remover, so used terry rags and water doing the best we could to remove it, but there is about an ten inch by six inch stain I cannot seem to get out - SO - for those with experience, I would sincerely appreciate any advice re products or other tips about fecal stain removal. Sure do not wish to have to replace carpeting. Thank you for any advice; we will appreciate it.

J.

Comments

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
  • Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Try Oxiclean.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

• Jo C.
    edited April 2023

Thank you, every bit of input is helpful and appreciated. Our poor visitor; afraid that person will never visit again despite our saying that such an event can happen to anyone and that we will keep it all confidential. I

Hoping that we can get that small area taken care of as it is in an area that can be seen. We shall see.

• Lgw
    Lgw Member Posts: 115
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

Pet stain remover helps

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited May 2023

OK, this is getting ridiculous! I have 2 more posts that disappeared. Come on!! I'm not selling anything, and I also did not receive an email about it. Just another reason to think about leaving.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Ooops! I answered this thread on the General Topics forum, and there they were - NOT deleted!!

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,015
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    edited May 2023

i have LOTS of experience due to having cats and dogs over the years and a friend who accidentally knocked over a glass of Cabernet on a footstool and off white carpet. You couldn’t even see where the wine had been spilled by the next day. It will remove dried urine, blood, poop, blueberry juice or just about any organic material other than grease. You can use it on just about any fabric except wool or silk. (It will remove the color from wool carpets over time.) It’s the active ingredient in most oxygen cleaners. It’s called sodium percarbonate. You mix a small amount with very hot water, mix well, and pour it on the stain. Let it sit a while and then lightly scrub it with a cloth. Or in the case of dried urine, just let it sit overnight and dry. Vacuum the next day or later. Don’t put the mixture in a closed container like a sprayer or it will burst. (It fizzes up) I just use one of those plastic ketsup/mustard dispensers and squirt it out from the top.

You can buy it online at Amazon or similar places.

if you want a spray you can buy bottle of Woolite or Bissell or similar pet carpet sprays with Oxy cleaners. They don’t always work quite as well and also contain other detergents and scents. The sodium percarbonate doesn’t contain perfumes and dries orderless and will remove odors from things like poop or urine, but may take a second or third app to get all the odors. It almost always gets the stain on the first try. It dries to an invisible ash that you can vacuum up. You need to use very little, like a teaspoon or TB to about 16 Oz of water, depending on the stain. If you Google sodium percarbonate, you can get a lot of info on it.

• Jo C.

Thank you so very much, all the information is deeply appreciated as we struggle with this; some smaller areas are okay,, but two larger ones are in challenge mode and onward we go . . .

• mommyandme (m&m)
    mommyandme (m&m) Member Posts: 1,468
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

This is what we’ve used for many things including feces. Wow that’s a big pic! Hahahaha I hope for success for you as you clean.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more