Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Need ideas for peeing in the bed

Lgw
Lgw Member Posts: 115
25 Care Reactions 10 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

Okay I'm using chucks so the sheets are okay but the covers keep getting wet. My DH is grabbing it and aiming out of the diaper. I am going to wear out his covers. I don't think a chuck would stay in place to protect his bedspread. What about a raincoat or a shower curtain?

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

If you're thinking about putting something like that between him and the covers, I don't think that would work well because it needs to breathe, or you will be trapping the moisture from perspiring. I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but I think your options are limited because of his condition. Maybe others will have ideas. Or call the Alz helpline at 1-800-272-3900. They might have some ideas, and the service is free of charge. If you call, ask to speak with a care consultant.

• Lgw

Of the hospice workers mentions putting regular whitey tighties over his diaper to keep access from his hands. So far it has worked like a charm! Who new?

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Great. I'm glad you found a solution. I know you had to be worn out from that.

• Lgw

Especially since Hospice only sends a certain number of good chucks. He was going through 3-5 a day.

• Lgw

• dhyink
    dhyink Member Posts: 26
    10 Comments First Anniversary

Will he wear a condom catheter? Before we moved over to a catheter, my husband had a lot of trouble with skin breakdown from wet diapers. We used highly absorbent diapers with extra pads, but still had skin issues.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more