Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bible Verse to Lift You Up 5/14/23

VKB
VKB Member Posts: 327
Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Dear Friends, Again, I thank you for your encouraging messages. If you need a prayer, please also include those as well. Peace Always, Ronnie (Veronica Kelly Badowski)

BE LIKE JESUS

Philippians 2:1-5 New Living Translation

Have the Attitude of Christ

2 Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? 2 Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.

3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

me: Christ humbled Himself and came to us as a human so He could love us in the most amazing way possible. He died on the cross for our sins we could never save ourselves from. His suffering and death on the cross gave us a way to be forgiven. His sacrifice for us was amazing. His resurrection is victory over death for us as well. And His continued love for us is amazing. 

We emulate Him by humbling ourselves and sacrificing our time and energy for the good of the people the Lord has put in our lives. It is not easy. It can be overwhelming. Yet, we have victory because we believe in Jesus as our Savior and His Holy Spirit is in us. He gives us wisdom, guidance and exactly what we need each day to help and care for others.

Let’s thank and praise the Lord often!

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living