Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

By Ed - a tip that could save you a lot of pain

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Most of us know that PWD often accuse the husband/wife of cheating. Often when families/friends visit, they embrace each other with a hug or a kiss on the cheek. Please don't let the PWD see that, even if it is with your son/daughter. The PWD might not remember the details of what they saw, but they might remember that they saw you hug someone, and that could be cause for suspicion. It might last for a very long time, so this is something you want to avoid at all costs. Yes, embracing family members might be automatic, but remembering this could really save you pain. Hopefully you won't have to experience this.

Comments

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Exactly! I had my mother living with us for a while and the last few months my DW kept thinking my mother was my wife so anytime I helped my 85 year old mother with anything DW would get extremely upset. We have friends that visit and usually there are hugs. She thinks I am such a stud that women are flocking to me everywhere. I have to convince her all day long that she "only" is my wife and I don't have girlfriends.

This part has been very hard. How long does this stage usually last?

• joytoy
    joytoy Member Posts: 20
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

everytime i leave for an overnight get away i come home to accusations about infidelity this has been going on for a year at least and gets worse everytime i go Ive thought about never going but decided that wasnt the answer. I need my time away for my own sanity Delusions are a part of this horrible illness

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more