Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Missus Mxyzptlk

Mister Mxyzptlk was the prankster from Superman. I know y’all say it’s not them, it’s the disease, but nah... it’s her.

How else does she know exactly where to place things on the tv table in order to block the signal from the remote?

Or how can she know when I’m dozed off enough on the couch so that I won’t notice that she’s put a towel in the bathroom sink and turned on the water until the water makes it into the hallway? Three times.

How does she know opening the back door motivates me to get up and close it because I don’t like the flies to come in.

What other reason is there to open the refrigerator door and leave it open?

Why is she so faithful to turn on the porch lights during the day?

Why does she bring me random stuff and put it in my lap?

Why won’t she raise her foot to put on her shoes? She’s the one who wants to go for the drive.

How meticulous do you have to be to learn which neighbors leave their doors unlocked?

Why does she never fail to laugh at fart jokes?

How can she outmaneuver me for the majority of the bed no matter how prepared I am?

Why does she wait to pee until I’m playing a game of cards on my phone?

No, this has been in the works since we were first married. She figured out how to be right and win every argument. I know any minute, any day, she gonna go, “PSYCHE!”

Comments

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 529
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

OMG! If only that "wake up" moment would happen, but I believe chances are slim. It's so hard to deal with this stuff, and thinking it might be purposeful only makes it harder. I can "hear" your anger coming through loud and clear. It's understandable, but not useful, and I sometimes struggle with it myself.

• Unbreak4ble
    Unbreak4ble Member Posts: 33
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Sorry it seemed like anger. It was an attempt at humor.

I left one out... how does she know when I’m sad, and know to come to me , massage my palms and tell me she loves me?

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 472
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I actually did chuckle. I think we all struggle with the separation of “them” and “ the disease”.

• Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

My husband lost almost all of his language with yeah being his go to word. But if he let a fart rip , he would say “ Sorry “ and smile. Apparently fart etiquette runs deep in the brain lol

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more