Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Notice to new users - Start a new discussion

Vitruvius
Vitruvius Member Posts: 323
100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I am seeing an increasing number of first time post from people asking important questions about a LO they are caring for.

The trouble is many of these important questions are being asked as a post at the end of someone else's discussion.

It's hard to give a response to these posts without disrupting the existing discussion. Plus the new important question gets lost and is less likely to receive useful responses from others here who truly would like to help.

You start a new discussion by hitting the plus mark that in the lower right of the screen.

Comments

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I don't see a plus sign but on my screen there is a gold and black label in the upper right corner of the page that says "New Discussion."

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

I think whether it's a plus sign or gold button with black letters depends on whether you are using a web browser or app. Either way, starting a new discussion if the question isn't related to the original post is good practice and much appreciated.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Denise, if it says "New discussion", that's what you want. On my screen it's an orange circle with a plus sign in the middle.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more