Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Spreading the word

I just wanted to say Thanks to everyone who has mentored me along my journey. It wasn't wasted either, I learned how to navigate the medical system and that proved invaluable, I learned how to cope, you listened to me vent and you all cared deeply and I just wanted to say Thanks to each one.

Yesterday I went to my first caregiving group meeting. It was good to so to say do "in person." There wasn't anyone as far down the road as me save one,I was the only one who had placed their lo. The meeting had a video from teepa snow, the last of the gems series. I hadn't seen it so it was a learning experience. I heard the others talk about what there going thru. Lots of the things you read about here. So I had to pitch the forum, I shared what I had learned and after a while someone asked if I did consulting. I was flattered, but I just want to share what I have learned and still have my road to finish. So I continue reading and learning , so thanks again to you all my forum family, how I wish we could all do in person some day.

Stewart

Comments

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Hi TBE,

Many of us feel that same way. It's like we are our own tribe. I feel like I know everyone. Good job on the

consult🤗

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Nice post, Stewart. I think we all feel that way. It's really good that we can share with others what we've learned here.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

I went to a small store last week because I wanted to buy some essential oils to use to try doing aromatherapy with my DH. There was no one in the store except the saleswoman. I told her that my DH had ALZ and within minutes we were talking about her mother with ALZ as well as my experiences with my DH. We spent an hour talking about ALZ (and cats - she has one that is just naughty!) and before I left, I wrote down the web address for this this forum, telling her that everything I knew about ALZ I learned here.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more