Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bible Verse to Lift You Up 5/30/23

VKB
VKB Member Posts: 327
Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

CHRIST GIVES ME STRENGTH

TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE

Philippians 4:13

New King James Version

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

MEDITATION

My parents were always there for my husband, our two children and me. Yet, I struggled as their caregiver, feeling sorry for myself. I thought, “Why me? Why do I have to be trapped working as a caregiver?” When I allowed these thoughts, certainly, I was being selfish, and I was not trusting God’s perfect plan for our lives.

So I prayed and prayed my way through nine years of caregiving, and I felt the Lord was teaching me through His Holy Spirit what love often means, sacrifice for others. I found this job challenging, but the Lord gave me what I needed to continue. He guided me when I did not know what to do, and He gave me positive thoughts when I faltered. I am so thankful for His love and care for my parents and me.

QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER

Where do I need support and guidance? When and how will I carve out some time each day to focus on the Lord and ask Him for His help?

TODAY’S PRAYER

Christ Jesus, please give me the strength I need to do Your will today and reflect Your love to the people I care for. Amen.

Friends Here,

I read all your comments. Thank you for sharing and thank you for the encouragement.

Peace always, Ronnie (VKB, Veronica Kelly Badowski)

Comments

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Veronica,

I believe this scripture was a favorite of Evander Holyfield the boxer from many years ago if not decades. I used to watch some boxing with my DH. Thank you for sharing

Valerie

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

One of my favorite verses. Another is "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble." Ps 46:1

thanks for sharing

• GrammyD
    GrammyD Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Thankyou my go to is Psalm 91. My God ,in Him I will trust

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia