Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

You Tube Shorts

Just Bill
Just Bill Member Posts: 315
100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

One of my favorite things to do is watch is you tube shorts. I call it "short attention span theater." It is videos 30 to 90 seconds long on a multitude of topics. Lately there is this guy who moved his 91 year old father with dementia in with him and is documenting the whole process. I have been watching every one that comes up. The conversation pattern is so familiar. Dad: Where are my car keys ? Son: You sold your car 4 years ago. Dad: I did ? I don't remember that. Are you sure ? Son: Yes dad 4 years ago. Dad: What ? Where is my car ? Son: You sold it. Dad: I sold it ? Son: Yes 4 years ago. I am sure it is a full video but I like the shorts. They are a small sample of a full video usually. Anyway the interaction between the father and son is so painfully familiar. I don't know why I am drawn to these videos but I cannot stop watching them. Maybe for the same reason I am here, learning from other peoples experience.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more