Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Anger and hatred phase

ghphotog
ghphotog Member Posts: 667
500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

My DW has entered a new phase over the last few weeks. Every morning and throughout the day she is screaming and yelling at me to leave before she calls the cops. That this is not my house.

It all starts with "I just wanna go home to my mom and dad!, can you take me home. . . please!!. . I need to get home to my babies!!!" Then right after that it's "get your ugly face out of here!! I never want to see you again!!!"

Had her checked for UTI and all clear so I guess it's another phase I have to deal with for the next year or so. Just hope it doesn't last as long as the "I wanna go home" phase. That one has lasted for a couple of years or more now. If this continues then placement is becoming a reality sooner than later.

Comments

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

I am so sorry you’re having to go through this. And sorry for her too. Have you talked to her doctor about this? My DHs doctor put him on some medicine for anxiety.

you sound like you’re taking very good care of her and doing your best.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I am so sorry. It has to be terrible getting screamed at, especially when you are sacrificing so much. I pray this phase will pass quickly.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm sorry you are dealing with this now. Only people who have dealt with dementia can understand what that does to someone. Others can only guess.

• Sahara_merakoi
    Sahara_merakoi Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this. I hope it is a quickly-passing phase for you, too! My gran never stopped the I want to go home phase, unfortunately. Heartbreaking, really.

• Drapper
    Drapper Member Posts: 79
    Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

I’m sorry you are going through this. Happening everyday makes it quite tough for you. I do agree with White crane, that possibly meds for anxiety could help. My husband has outburst , albeit not every day , but medications seem to stop them. Or lessen them. The whole situation is so sad. . My heart goes out to you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more