Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bible Verse to Lift You Up 6/6/23

VKB
VKB Member Posts: 323
Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

CALLED TO A GODLY LIFE

BIBLE REFLECTION

2 Peter 1:2-3 (NIV)

“Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

“His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

What are a few ways Christians are called to a godly life?

MEDITATION

I believe God called me to be my parents’ caregiver. It should not have been a surprise I could handle the most unpleasant duties of care giving such as changing my mother’s diaper and assisting my stepfather with his bathroom routines. God knew me better than I knew myself. He had already equipped me before He called me to do this work for Him.

When the work we do is smothering us, we can draw close to our Lord Jesus for comfort. In a quiet space, we can sit in His presence. Breathe deeply. Begin with praying, it’s me again, Lord; just checkin’ in with you cuz I sure do feel overwhelmed today.  

We may want to think about our frustrations and then give them to our Heavenly Father. And we can’t forget to listen. Remember, God is faithful, and He will give each one of us strength and wisdom. Soon we will be able to let go of what is troubling us and breathe in His peace and love.

YOUR JOURNAL

Do you feel God is calling you to continue or discontinue being a home caregiver? Why?

TODAY’S PRAYER

All Wise Heavenly Father, please help me to understand the ways You are calling me to a godly life. Thank You for sharing Your power, wisdom, and guidance as I work as a caregiver. Humble me, Lord because I serve as Holy Spirit enables me. Amen

Friends, I read your comments and appreciate each one. Ronnie (Veronica Kelly Badowski)

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more