Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Finally got away and ??

JC5
JC5 Member Posts: 167
100 Comments 100 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 25 Likes

I was so torn about about going on a 2 night trip with my retired friends from work. Stomach in an uproar, mind wavering back and forth, decided to go. Do it now while you kind of still can is what I told myself. I know there will be a time when I can’t do this. Reached out to my sister in law, three kids, check in on him , call, stop by , make sure he takes his pills etc. etc. etc. Thought I was going to physically get sick when I I was leaving. Finally calmed down as soon as I boarded the ferry to our destination. Each of the 2 1/2 days I was gone I was in touch with my DH, my sister in law and kids and they touched base with me. All was going well. Day 2 started relaxing and felt myself again! Great few days away. DH kept telling me how much he missed me etc. walked into the house this afternoon only to spend the next hour washing whatever sticky substance he spilled on our hardwood floors, cleaning the refrigerator doors that had some kind of stuff dripping down it, mopping the kitchen floor of yet more sticky dried on stuff, bringing the stinky garbage out unpacking, doing my laundry from the trip just to have him get upset with me because I wasn’t sitting and talking with him. Stopped everything sat with him talked for 1/2 hour. Then SIL called and he got upset b/c I wasn't listening to him! My bubble burst! So sad but I did love being me for 2 days! Just darn!!!

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

WOW! I'm glad you got away for a while, but sorry you had to come home to something like that. Sometimes you just have to wonder if it's worth it, don't you?

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more