Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Argh by Stewart

I just wrote a lengthy email on here and it must have a limit on characters because a large chuck of the beginning disappeared. I was just getting used to not losing a post. That was frustrating. You've been warned.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Don't tell me we're going to have to deal with that again.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

would be a good question for the Q&A forum, if it's still active.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    edited June 2023

You know me; I type very fast and think very fast, so many of my Posts are lengthy . . . well . . .

Admin. has set a number of characters that are permitted in a Post. Twice now, I have been unable to Post a feedback due to using too many characters. Last one, I was 400 plus too many characters.

That number of characters limit can be changed by Admin., or even done away with. I did report my two issues to Admin. If you would go to bottom of page, it states how to make a report. It would be a good idea to do so. The more feedback that Admin. gets, the more likely matters will be attended to.

Also, sometimes I have had portions of a writing suddenly disappear, don't know why, just happens.

I have also had weird happenings where days old Posts suddenly turn up as though they are brand new without my even being on the Board. Have also reported that.

PLEASE, when anyone has an issue, please report it so it can be addressed; otherwise the issue will continue to pop up or become chronic.

Thank you,

J.

• Donr
    Donr Member Posts: 182
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

The program should have a note that pops up and tells you that you are close to the limit of words allowed.

• Ed1937

I'm not a fan of limits. Jo has written many posts previously that were just loaded with great information, but with today's standards they would not be allowed. That really should be fixed. I'm willing to let them know how I feel about it. Others should too.

• Ed1937

@Jo C. I don't see anywhere telling how to make the report. Is this it?

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited June 2023

I hope I didn't confuse anyone, it was in a private email to someone that my text disappeared. I haven't had a post do that yet, although I had that happen previously on the old site. I realized the way I started the thread I used the word post when it was in fact an email. But it is very frustrating because I can't Remember everything I had written prior to where it was truncated.

• Ed1937

Yes, you confused me. But that doesn't take much anymore. :) But glad to hear it was a private message.

• storycrafter
    storycrafter Member Posts: 273
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thanks for the warning. I will take care to periodically copy my text while I'm writing a post, so maybe I won't lose so much if that happens. I don't know what the word/character limit is. Sorry you've lost what you wrote. That's so disappointing when you've put in the time and effort. I know it was good stuff!

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    edited June 2023

When I went over characters, it did NOT delete any of my writing; it let me write but just would not let me Post and gave a red message to me at the top of my Post . . . so that is when I took half of my Post and made Part 1 of Post and then made Part 2 of new Post if the Post information was important.

So, it was unlikely that your deletion of some of the Post was due to too many characters.

Still some unique occurrences happening . . . .

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

That my have been a 1 off or my phone did something crazy. Overall I am liking somethings and learning new tricks from everybody else.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more