Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Relearning everything

I am 65 and was diagnosed 5 years ago. I feel I am doing well. My husband helps me with meds, bills, and watching the grandchildren, and whatever I need help with.

So I discovered this site via an email I received. I signed up and it said I am already signed up, I don’t remember doing that! This isn’t the first time I’ve re-signed up on a site, Alzheimer’s is funny like that. Funny but oh so frustrating!!

Some days I think the doctor got the diagnosis wrong but there are more days ,like today, I guess they got it right.

I just needed to vent a little. Thanks for listening!

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Welcome back, Brenda. I can relate. As soon as I post, I don't remember what I posted about. Oh, well! Fun times in memory-land!

Iris

• Janutt
    Janutt Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions

Hi Brenda S.,

Oh my! I can relate to this not remembering what I said, posted or even sent a text. Has emotions been different for either of you? Like a feeling that was there but really doesn’t feel like it now? I think the same thing about the diagnosis and then this happens and I’m like oh yeah I guess they’re right and I will hum the wizard of oz song if I only had a brain….. 🙃.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited June 2023

I don't rely on my own memory, I use memory aids as much as possible.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney