Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Pay-for classes are typically too expensive for many

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

But I received an email from Dr. Natalie Edmonds, about her upcoming 3 day course. I'll just say that I took a 5 day course from her, and I thought it was great! I have no ties to her in any way. The 3 day course is $27.00, so probably affordable to most. Here is a link:

"https://www.makecaregivingeasier.com/squeeze-page1686583138313?utm_campaign=How+To+%2AActually%2A+Feel+Better+-+11010219&utm_medium=email&utm_source=convertkit"

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I would also add that I did an zoom caregiver course and it was good and free. I also was rewarded for participating, I git wireless headphones, a wireless speaker,really nice but best of all I got one of the robot cats which everybody at the mc loves. Several families having seen them bought one for there lo. Anyone who maybe wanting to do a course, Check with the area agency on aging and ask is they currently have any caregiver courses. Everything was free

• tgeno
    tgeno Member Posts: 34
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions First Anniversary

I'm a member of Natali Edmonds' Careblazers. She's very good. It's not cheap but I have lifetime access to all her courses. She also has many free YouTube videos, just search YouTube for Careblazers. I agree that there are a lot of free courses out there through Area Agencies on Aging, AARP, and the Alzheimer's Association.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

I took the five day free course earlier this year, and it was very good

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

It's my understanding that the 5 day course will no longer be offered free of charge since it is now tied to her care course. That's too bad.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more