Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Strange new behaviors

gampiano
gampiano Member Posts: 329
Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

So, I feel that we are definitely entering into a new phase after being on a plateau for about 6 months. Most recently, my DH seems to be having a silent dialog with himself, accompanied by sudden gestures, and charade like behavior, while asleep or awake. Yesterday he was napping in a chair and seemed to be acting out a drama where he was using binoculars, pointing to something, giving orders, as if he were on a ship. At other times he seems angry, and frustrated so he goes to bed. Ive learned to leave him alone when this is happening, although occasionally i lapse into suggestion mode which is usually not the right approach.

Mind you, this could all dissipate within the next 10 minutes, and another husband could emerge. When caregivers write about stages , are they making these conclusions on their own? When he was diagnosed after the neuro psych evaluation they did not give me that information, so i'm only guessing based on the models that are online.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Maureen

ttt

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Maureen, this might be a longshot, but you might want to consider having him checked for a UTI. They can cause all different kinds of problems, especially if the changes are rather sudden. If you have it checked, please ask them to send it to a lab for analyzing. They will probably give you the immediate findings, but the lab might find something not found initially. It's really worth checking for.

• gampiano

Thank you Ed!

• gampiano

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage