Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Jack Hanna's Alz. story

Comments

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you for sharing this article. I was sad when I heard Jack Hanna had Alzheimer’s .

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,364
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

@Victoria2020

I didn't read your link, but I saw a piece in People Magazine and came away with the same feeling about not bringing in professional caregivers. Over on the Parent Board we talk about parent-caregivers who won't bring in help if there's a daughter with a pulse somewhere who can help a lot. And when I say talk about, it's not in a good way.

The other thought was that he'd not wanted to share his diagnosis, so I felt a little uncomfortable that she chose to share so publicly.

HB

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I read the story whuch is a story we all know so well and how each of us has had to deal with it in our own ways. I am the opposite of Jack's wife I share with most folks and don't use the Alzheimers word. I am glad that Jack has been for the most part easy to care for but I am sure we haven't heard everything.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I don't like the tone of this article: let's all feel sorry for poor Jack Hanna who got afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease! Instead, let's celebrate his accomplishments! He had a remarkable life.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney