Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Having hallucinations

2»

Comments

• DrMichaelSG
    DrMichaelSG Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments
    edited September 2023

Hi Janutt,

Oh my...I have the same memory problems in which I am ALWAYS losing things, only to find them where I last HAD them. At times, my wife will find my cell phone in a closet or other (not the refrigerator....YET! :)).... So very frustrating, because I now seem to spend the preponderance of my time searching and searching (and then searching again!) for things. I look for things that are lost -- and these are things that I never used to look for (never lost!) before....(BTW, there I go again with my newfound digression activity). :)

You are in my prayers, Janutt (and I do mean that you are IN MY PRAYERS). I hope things go well for you. Please do keep us posted. We care.

Mike

P.S. I am editing this post here -- because I FORGOT (as I usually do) that I wrote about losing my phone - just above. My short-term memory is no longer. I take a lot of meds, and I literally forget -- within two seconds after having had taken them -- which meds I just took. Pretty bizarre. I know that I could never work again. I live in the moment now -- for me, life -- everything that happens around me -- seems like a form of "eternal presence." I only worry about what's immediately in front of me, about what is happening NOW.....I don't think (too much) about the past except when prompted, and I don't really worry all that much about the future. Just live "in the moment" -- not a terrible place to be, actually. I count my blessings. I can only hope my DW is going to be OK as time moves forward. THAT is my greatest worry.....that is my ONLY worry, actually. I'm sad for her.

• Janutt
    Janutt Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions

Hi Mike,

Thank you! I really appreciate it. Yes , I agree i do lose track of things and if I ate or did i take my medication. I have started having Alexa start timer for my aspirin,but when it goes off in an hour I will go off and do something else that i completely forget about that I NEED to take the aspirin. I was so healthy before all this and I could remember things, dates, appointments and such now it's like a waterfall. I'm sorry to hear about you worrying about your wife. She knows you worry about her immensely and may not express this as she may not want you to worry. Don't be sad for her because she probably would not want you to be sad for her. Embrace every moment you have and live life in the moment as you have expressed.

I too use to worry about all things, but now it's like i don't worry as much as I do. Yesterday for instance, my DH and I were watching our young granddaughter (11months old). My DH got a frantic call from our youngest daughter saying her house was on fire. All I remember is that I grabbed my granddaughter and carried her into the truck and realized I had just put her into the truck. The problem is I can't carry her anymore because she is close to 20lbs. Since I had the heart attack(SCAD) I can't lift, push hold up to 20lbs maximum and hold my breath. Lots of limitations because of this. I think I thought our house was on fire.. My daughter and my other daughter are okay. A cat had to go to the vet for observation due to inhaling the smoke, so the lungs and liver were affected.Lots of damage to the second floor, but so grateful for them being safe.

I will update you son. I have not taken this new medication yet because i guess the fear of having more issues. i did send and email to the doctor but no response. I go for and ECHO tomorrow hopefully. Also, my DH was in the emergency room earlier this morning for chest pains and SOB(shortness of breath) Tropinon levels aka blood test to detect for heart attack was normal, but they found some fluid in his lung, so hopefully not cancer again.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Wow, what a shock about the fire! I'm glad everyone escaped! I hope the cat will be okay. Years ago, I donated to a fire department fund to purchase oxygen masks for cats and dogs who were affected by smoke inhalation.

Iris

• Janutt

Hi Iris,

it was a shock to hear & see all the commotion! The firefighters said it was their first time using oxygen on an animal before and they also had to use human oxygen because they had nothing for pets. That a great idea that you could purchase oxygen masks for pets. I’m wondering now how to do this just in case this would ever happen to anyone else. Pets are like family members to many people. Just grateful that everyone was fine

• Iris L.

Janutt, I made a cash donation to my local fire department. They were soliciting donations from the public in order for them to purchase the animal oxygen masks, so they wouldn't have to use taxpayer money. It could be a nice project for a school or Scout group.

How is the cat now?

Do you know how the fire started?

Iris

• Janutt

I plan on visiting them all today since there will be a fire inspection and other stuff that I don’t remember or understand. Like a puzzle to me. My daughter said that the cat was doing a lot better and that she,Harlow the cat will be “out of the woods” today. My daughter is bringing the cat back to the vets for a follow up visit and they are going to check on her liver enzymes. Not sure why they’re elevated. The cat has been playful. It my daughter and cat both don’t have a room to sleep since the whole upstairs is destroyed. The cat has been confused which is normal. My daughter lost everything. My other daughter who owns the house is helping her out. I’m bringing blankets and clothing.

the fire started by a candle that was from a blanket lying on a chair and it. My daughter grabbed the blankets ran into the bathroom and tossed them into the tub but the bathroom became engulfed with flames so my other daughter who was sleeping because she had work (she’s a nurse) heard the fire alarms go off and ran upstairs and her puppy followed her upstairs. The puppy ran up into the bedroom that the cat was hiding in too. So, my daughter looked for both but only found the puppy hiding. she grabbed him, closed the door and the other bedroom beside that had been engulfed by fire because of the candle. My other daughter who owns the cat was still looking but my other daughter (sorry for confusion) said get out and call 911. The fire department was only 2 doors down and they were there in a few minutes. Found the cat on the roof. Windows were blown out from the heat and it was a good thing they closed the bedroom door. Saved the cat.

that’s a great idea about a cash donation. I will definitely bring this up to my daughters.

thanks 😊

• Iris L.

Wow, Janutt, they were so blessed to be saved! I never use regular candles anymore. First, because I have fallen asleep with a lit candle unattended. Also, I have cats and I can't risk them knocking over a candle or more likely, catching a tail on fire, which actually did happen. Fortunately, the cat was not burned much because I caught the smoldering right away. But suppose this happened when I was not in the same room? The cat would run and spread flames all over, along with being severely burned. I did purchase a few electric candles. I hope your daughter's recover rapidly from the trauma.

Iris

• Janutt

Thank you Iris

• DrMichaelSG
    DrMichaelSG Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments

Hi Janutt,

I'm also glad to know that things turned out as well as they did. So very sorry that you all went through this. Just awful.

Mike

• Janutt

Mike,

thank you!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset