Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Happy 4th !

JC5
JC5 Member Posts: 167
100 Comments 100 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 25 Likes

Happy July 4th to everyone! Hope you are enjoying to the best you can this holiday. I’ve had mixed emotions today from looking forward to having our family here for a BBQ to exhaustion from getting everything ready to resentment for DH not being able to help to guilt for feeling that way to sadness and tears as I watch him sit on the deck watching his favorite team seeing him change so much. But he is here and today so far has been pleasant and I know he will enjoy seeing 5 of 7 grandchildren!! So here is to you all and to the USA! Cheers! 🥂🍻 Happy 4th of July!

Comments

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,015
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Happy 4th of July everyone! 🥁🇺🇸🗽 Not much different from any other day here, but I did put up the indoor decorations. My DH is different than he used to be, but he’s still holding my hand and still smiles at me. Sad, but thankful.

• Rocky2
    Rocky2 Member Posts: 133
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

JC5,

Happy Indepandace Day to you. I can identify with having mixed emotions. I hope you and your DH find some enjoyment and pleasant moments today.

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Happy Independence Day fellow travelers

May we all look to the strength and sacrifices of our founding fathers of this nation, and those that followed in their footsteps to give us the opportunity we have to celebrate this day, and enjoy freedoms that most of the world do not have.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Happy fourth of July, everyone! I hope sometime today you found some moments of joy. I know I did. There was sadness, too. There was anger a frustration. But I’m grateful. I’m grateful to live in America and I’m grateful my husband is still with me.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Happy Independence Day to all. I too felt a lot of sadness today. We had a late lunch with a couple of friends, my dh still enjoys seeing a couple of people. But he doesn’t/can’t talk to them. He can’t get 3 words out that make sense so most of the time he doesn’t try. These friends understand but they talk to him anyway. But just seeing him smile and nod his head in agreement with what they said was bittersweet. I wanted to cry and smile at the same time. But as long as he’s smiling I’m okay.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I hope everyone is having a great 4th. Not much going on here except the town sounds like Times Square on New Year's Eve.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 891
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy Birthday America! Hope everyone is enjoying what they are able. Nothing going on here. My DH ate left over potato salad but didn't know what to call it. And a bologna & cheese sandwich which he smiled about. Talked to my son in another state and he was having a cookout with his daughter & grandbabies. Miss them so much it hurts. We can't go visit them anymore. He said they may come visit next year. Thankful for a fairly quiet day.

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 805
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy 4th! My sister and nephews came to visit. Nothing like teenage boys to liven up the joint. My DH was always a favorite of theirs and I have to say they impress me with how good they are with him. He was exhausted when they left but it was a good day. I hope everyone was able to find a little fun and sparkle today.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more