Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

By White Crane: Update on DH skin condition and shaving tip

I posted awhile back that DH skin was very dry and he had sores on his chest, legs, and even his scalp. I am happy to report that the sores are almost all cleared up. Some of you were kid enough to recommend some skin creams that were very helpful. I've been trying to give him sponge baths a few times a week and rubbing the lotions and creams into his skin and that is helping with the constant scratching that he was doing.

Now to the shaving tip. DH had gotten so he didn't want to shave even on Sundays before going to church. He finally told me he was afraid to shave. He was afraid he would cut himself. I stayed with him in the bathroom over a month ago while he used his razor and tried to help when needed. Then I remembered the electric shaver I had bought for him over a year ago that he wouldn't use. He said it didn't shave close enough. The next day after lunch, I sat the electric razor and a mirror in front of him while we were still sitting at the dining room table. I told him to run the razor over his face for a couple of minutes. To my surprise, he did it! And he's been doing it every day since. Now he is clean shave every day with no hassle. I don't know if this will work for anyone else but it's worth a try. I hope this helps.

Brenda

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm glad that worked for you.👍️ I think there are times we look for a complicated solution to a simple problem, and it doesn't go as hoped.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good job Brenda may we all learn to just give it try. Kiss, keep it simple Stewart

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more