Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

New song

I heard a new song on a famous social site and went and heard the whole song.it is called. NEVER NOT REMEMBER YOU. Only been out 2 days.

Might not be for everybody,tear alert is all I can say.

Hugs to everyone.

Stewart

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you Stewart for sharing!

• GiGi1963
    GiGi1963 Member Posts: 101
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Beautiful song. Thanks for sharing it.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited July 2023

Beautiful. And yes, teardrop-alert is in order.

Even not sad songs can pull at my heartstrings unexpectedly. Seemingly harmless or happy love song lyrics can catch me off guard and take my breath away just as easily as the "goodbye" ones.

I just never imagined my beloved could be sitting right beside me but gone. That's the crazy-making part of this whole thing. Besides all of it, that is. The ambiguous grief of being in limbo with a LO that is still on the planet, but totally not.

I am really rooting for those of you who are working to slowly but surely move on with part of your lives when you can. Hoping that one day maybe I can too. He would have wanted that. Maybe there's a song in there somewhere.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Very fitting, Stewart. Thank you.

• JC5
    JC5 Member Posts: 164
    100 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments

❤️! Thank you!

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited July 2023

Bw you put it so well. I need to copy some of your writing. The limbo land are words i have been writing alot they days. My friend of 3 months and I have have parted our ways and said goodbye. I have chatted with a lot of ladies but I am damaged goods I am sure you get what I am saying. It's a crazy a world out there gotta watch out for the scammers, they make themselves easy to pick out, like an online ad, 1 picture and it sounds to good to be true. Moving forward I will continue. Love is worth finding again. Bw you will move when the time is right, for me part of the process is really believing that my dw would really want me to live, we had those conversations and i just have to believe that and remember that, your strong.

It seems the world is oblivious to how hard dementia can steal loved one and try to kill the caregiver as well in isolation. I am not gonna let it happen to me.

We are all writing those songs, gotta wonder if songwriters are lurking out there.

Stewart

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney