Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

M1

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Just wondering how the epidural went. Hopefully it was fast acting, and did the trick.

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

I too have been wondering and being hopeful for you.

J.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Probably a little soon to know for sure, but it seems a bit better today. Nights have been the worst, so we’ll see. Currently with my three year old granddaughter so there’s joy in the moment…thanks for asking!

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi M1,

I sure hope the shots work for you. If you don't get relief, try a low dose of THC/CBD. I have to take it at night so that I can sleep and it works well.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm glad that it is at least hopeful for full effect. Keeping fingers crossed for you. Maybe in the next day or so you'll have better news to report.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

M1, hope you feel better real soon. Sending you ((((healing)))) energy.

• Rocky2
    Rocky2 Member Posts: 133
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

M1, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling at least a bit of relief. I too am hopeful that you will see more in the next few days. Much joy to be found in a 3 year old granddaughter! Well deserved joy.

Any resolution on the barking?

Tom

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

M1; a three year old granddaughter- nothing better! How I love the three year old age and miss so much having a little one to play with and read stories to and just to listen and talk to. They are a treasure beyond measure.

Hoping that as the post epidural days move forward, that relief begins to make itself evident for you. Big hug and big hopes . . .

J.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks jo. Shes missing her big sister who started second grade yesterday, so glad to have a grandparent to herself this week. yes great fun. Busy week until she's back in preschool next week. Fortunately my partner seems less cognizant of time and thus tolerates my absences, though she does continue to isolate too much. Hopefully some new routine-minus the still nagging cough and the back pain-will establish itself here shortly. Tough summer, tough year.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hope you start feeling results in your back soon. Granddaughters and grandchildren in general are such a blessing and just the joy on their faces can make a bad day a ray of sunshine!! And their little hugs and kisses are icing on the cake! Enjoy your time with that little angel!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more