Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A couple of firsts

2»

Comments

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I am so glad, Bill, that you and your DW are finally getting the help that she—and you—need.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,013
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Bill, I’m praying for you both. She was going through some very scary times and it seems from your posts that it was all happening much more quickly than in the past. Thank goodness you got the help you need and are able to keep her in your own home. I’ve only heard good things about hospice.

• Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Oh Bill, I choked up a little because I thought to my self, Bill finally has the Cavalry coming!

I’m so glad you have Hospice! Now if you have a rough time, you can call the 24. /7 number, and they will send someone out to assess .

At one point my husband started throwing up for no reason. I was scared so I called Hospice . Even though it was 12:30 AM , they sent someone out to check vitals and advise me. I very rarely called ( always tried to work things out on my own) , but my nurse would always get on my case” why didn’t you call us?” That’s what the numbers for”

I think you are going to love Hospice. Now you have the backup you always wanted.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more