Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Update on Peewee

Peewee is now on hospice. He is no longer eating or drinking, and is sleeping most of his time. I don't know how long this is going to last. He is not suffering and is not in any pain. He still has his sense of humor when he is awake. He wants me next to him all the time now. He still goes to the bathroom by himself with the help of a walker, and under close watch by me. I do most everything for him and never leave him alone. I took Medical leave back in November when we found out that he had lung cancer, I don't have to return to work until October. He is real easy to care for him so he will be here with me until the end. He has now lost down to 108 lbs. So it not to hard for me to clean him or change his clothes. With his aid I can now leave him for a little while and not worry so much. Peewee's aid is a real nice lady and I have a camera installed so I can check on him while I am away from him. I just had a few minutes and thought I would update everyone on Peewee. I have learned so much from this group. This group has been a great amount of support for me and I thank each and everyone of you.

Comments

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I am glad he is sleeping and resting well. Thank you for the update . Maybe it is therapeutic for you to type this out. I think you are amazing and have been a very supportive caregiver.Hugs to you as this stage progresses .

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,721
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

glad to hear from you too. I am glad he's not in pain and that you've got the help you need....

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I am so glad he is peaceful and not in pain. Take care and God bless.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ladypeewee thank you for your update. Your are a kind and caring wife. My prayers are with you.

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

I am happy that he is easy for you to care for and that you can keep him home with you. Thank you for keeping us up to date. i often think about him and wonder how the two of you are doing. I remember some of the struggles you had in the past. May God grant you strength to carry you through the days ahead.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm sorry he has progressed so much. But it sounds as if things are going relatively well considering where he is with this disease. Thank you for the update. I'm sure we have several people wondering about both of you.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dearest Lady Peewee; I have thought of you so often and wondered how you were doing.

You have been the dearest person who has independently done so much in so many ways during difficult times, putting one foot in front of the other no matter what the challenges or issues; and much of the time, while still working. I have admired and respected you very much.

It is good to know that Peewee is without pain or strife which is a blessing, and that his care is able to be done at home and that you also have someone who can come in and assist a bit.

I send warmest of thoughts and a soft hug your way and know that we will be thinking of you.

J.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

(((Lady Pewee))), thank you for this update. I am grateful that you are able to be together, that he is comfortable and easy for you to care for, and that you have help as well as a leave from your day job at this time. You are such a devoted wife and caregiver. May the days ahead be gentle on you both.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Dear Lady Peewee, I was thinking about you a few days ago and wondering how you and your dear husband were doing. Thank you for posting this update. I'm glad you can keep him at home during these last days and that he is comfortable and easy. God bless you for all your tender care for him. Sending hugs and prayers.

Brenda

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,675
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

(((I’m so very sorry, thank you for the update)))

• mommafour
    mommafour Member Posts: 82
    Seventh Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

Lady Peewee - Thanks for the update. You’ve been such a devoted caregiver. Sending prayers for both of you.

• Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Lady PeeWee,

Thank you so much for updating us. We all care about you , and have wondered how PeeWee was doing. I was very recently where you are. If PeeWee has completely stopped eating and drinking it can average 10 days for a loved one to pass, but of course everyone’s situation is different. But that is what I was told and my husband passed on the 10th day.

I feel for you . It sounds like you are about as good as can be given the situation. We are all with you in spirit

• Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 238
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Lady PeeWee,

I have followed your journey and was glad to read your update. Thankfully your DH is not in pain and you have been and are such a wonderful wife and caretaker. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady Peewee, I am glad to hear he still has his sense of humor and is resting comfortably. I wish you strength and peace for this phase of the journey.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady PeeWee,

Thank you for the update. I am glad he’s comfortable and pain free. You have been such a wonderful caregiver; how I admire your ability to keep him at home with you. God bless you and grant you peace and courage in the coming days.

• ladypeewee
    ladypeewee Member Posts: 62
    Eighth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments

Thank you all for your reply's. I do so much appreciate it. I draw much of my streight and insite from most of you on this site. Peewee wakes for about 3 hours now. I have gotten him to sip some water even though he hates it. Still nothing to eat. I will update again in a few days. Pray for my peewee and me as I am praying for each of you.

• Lakhota
    Lakhota Member Posts: 6
    Eighth Anniversary First Comment

Lady PeeWee, It’s good to hear from you and to know that you are doing well and that Peewee is comfortable and pain free. What a journey it has been with so many hurdles placed before you and you cleared them all and continued. May you continue to find the strength that is needed hope you are able to get some rest as well. I will have Y’all in my prayers.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,012
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

It’s good to hear that PeeWee is pain free and able to rest. Along with the sadness there is so much love and caring. You are both in my prayers.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more