Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Being a Caregiver

SDianeL
SDianeL Member Posts: 887
500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I follow Mary Millben on Social Media. Recently she posted this and it really hit home.

"To most of you, you see the Mary onstage singing for U.S. Presidents, Prime Ministers, people across the world.

But the real Mary, offstage, is a full-time caregiver. I am a caregiver to my precious mother. Caring for my mother, especially these past several weeks, presented many moments of reflection. About life.

Life. Life is so precious. One day, you can be ‘living the life.’ The next day, you can be fighting for life.

This month has been spent intimately caring for Mom. Some great days laughing, dreaming together, praying together. Other days, very tough. To say the least.

Caregiving makes you really measure time differently. Caregiving helps you slow down. Caregiving puts life into perspective. You value the days laughing, you grow through the days crying, you find joy in the hours giving, and you never stop praying.

To be given the opportunity to care for someone, nurture someone, give to someone, love someone…this is a life well lived.

So here’s to life, here’s to love, here’s to you. Go and live life to the fullest this week. Go love as much as possible this week. Go let God use all of you to better the life of someone else.

My love to you all.

Xo,

Mary Millben"

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia