Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Never believe what I found!

About a year or two I had to remove my DW's wedding ring to put a band-aid on her finger. I left the ring on the bathroom counter and a few days later when I went to place the ring back on the ring was gone. I searched every square inch of the house multiple times over the last two years but could never find it. I'd given up on it.

Well yesterday I was going through her closet, cleaning out dozens of old shoes, clothes, etc for a goodwill run. The shoes she hadn't worn for years were so dusty that before I put them in the goodwill bag I decided to take them outside and hose them all down. Guess what fell out of one of her old shoes? Yes that's right. I heard something hit the ground just as I was placing the pair of shoes in the GW bag but thought it was just a pebble or a rock but the "still small voice" said to look, so I looked and there was her wedding ring laying on the ground!!! I couldn't believe it!!

Somebody came so close to hitting the jackpot at Goodwill!!!

I've been learning over the years not to ignore that still small voice as many times it's right.

Comments

• GG06
    GG06 Member Posts: 92
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary

So happy for you!!

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 528
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Wow.. guess you were listening with your heart. Such good news.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

That's great! I'm happy for you, and I remember hearing about when it became lost.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,719
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

that's a huge find. So odd, this common habit of hiding things in usual places. Right now, my partner's hairdryer and an afghan are missing from her MC room. Last week, it was her reading glasses and sunglasses. i thought I had looked everywhere, then found them in the back of her closet, in a bag of trash.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 887
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

so happy you found it. We moved into an apartment and my DH hadn't been wearing his wedding ring because he was doing mechanic work on our RV that we had to sell last year. I found it in a box and gave it to him. He put it on his right hand. He won't understand if I tell him it goes on his left hand. It's also too big and I'm afraid he will lose it or it will go down the drain but he's so proud to be wearing it again that I can't bring myself to have him take it off. He's Stage 5 going into Late stage 5. He asked me yesterday how much it was worth. He said probably $5000. LOL. It's just a plain gold band. Bought in 1985. Happy for the little things.

• elainechem
    elainechem Member Posts: 153
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

I'm so happy that you found it. I wouldn't put it back on her finger, it'll just get lost again. If she insists on wearing jewelry, get her inexpensive costume jewelry.

• /STEVE
    /STEVE Member Posts: 15
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes

That's great! The other day DW lost her eye glasses, she spend an hour looking for them, then we both spent another 2 hours looking for them. This was at home. Next morning I get up and she is reading and has her glass on, I say where did you find them. she say (all together now) I do not remember. Anyway I got a laugh out of it.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I’m sure you where ecstatic when you found the ring. DW’s wedding & engagement rings went missing for about 6 weeks at one point and I thought it was lost for good but I found them in a reusable grocery shopping bag.

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

The ring is in a safe place now and I have her old high school class ring on her finger as a placeholder.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,675
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

🙂That still small voice

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia