Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

New Update on Peewee.

Hospice put Peewee on comfort care Yesterday and said he has about 32 to 72 hours left then his journey will be over. I am so heart broken. I feel so lost. Peewee is no longer sleeping in my bed and I can't bare to sleep in there without him. How will I get through this?

Comments

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

I feel so sorry for you, I know what you are going through. I lost the love of my life 6 years ago and that pain is still with me, and on May 28th of this year I lost my only daughter to cancer.

I slept on the couch after my wife died for six months before I went back to our bed, and after my daughter died in May, I slept on that same couch again until this week when I went back to bed. All, I can tell you is that you can’t live one day at a time you have to live one hour at a time. Forgive yourself for any regrets that you have about the care you gave him, as his caregiver you did a great job and while I know that it doesn’t really take away the hurt do not carry the guilt it will eat you up inside.

It's not just about losing PeeWee It’s about finding your way back to the person you were before Alzheimer’s took away your life. Pray daily for God to give you the  strength to make it through each and every hour of the day. Forget the bad times however the sad part of life is even memories that are happy brings heartache all over again.

Just remember this, it’s not one day at a time, it’s one hour at a time.

God’s Blessings to you as you start a new life without him. Richard

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm so sorry. The days will be really hard for a while. It's been 14 months since I lost my wife, and it still hurts every day, although it is not as intense as it was before. I hope you have someone to hold you close while you go through the most difficult days.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady praying for you both.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,074
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Prayers for you and your LO as you go thru this final phase.

No matter how long we know what the outcome will be, we can never be ready for the loss.

Try to remember that he would not want you to lose yourself in grief.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,762
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

You will make it through. Spend as much time as you can by PeeWee's side. Much love sent.........

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dearest Lady; I am so sorry for the grief upon the impending loss. You have been such a wonderful wife and carer for your Peewee and now you are at his side guiding him as he prepares to leave this world and find peace and wholeness in the next to come.

There are not sufficient words to make this easier; be with him, let him feel your love, and never forget how much of yourself you have given in your excellent care making his quality of life so much better in all that had been happening.

Please do not be a stranger; continue to come here and share, we are here and listening. Your Hospice will have a bereavement group; please do take advantage of that helpful service and keep contact with the Social Workers as you pass through the days after your loss.

I send you warmest of loving thoughts as you move to the end of your journey with Peewee, you will be held softly within our hearts and we will be thinking of you.

J.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,675
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

(((Lady)))

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Lady,

May The Lord bless and comfort you through each day. You made sacrifices and gave unconditional love to your DH. He will pass into the next life and experience unimaginable joy and love. Hugs to you.

• Vitruvius
    Vitruvius Member Posts: 322
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

My deepest sympathies to you. I am always so saddened seeing these posts. I wish you strength and comfort in the days ahead.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 887
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

So sorry you are going through this. When my Mom passed, Hospice called every day to check on our family and Hospice has grief counseling when you want to talk to someone. Sending love, hugs and prayer.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Dear Lady, i’m so sorry. Holding you and your precious husband closing prayer.

• Rocky2
    Rocky2 Member Posts: 133
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Lady,

My heart breaks for you. I pray that you will be upheld by God's strong arms as you pass through this valley, and that you would feel His presence and love.

• ThisLife
    ThisLife Member Posts: 254
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Lady, sending you hugs and warm thoughts. Your caregiving for Peewee is heartwarming.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,315
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady Peewee, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Prayers sent to you and to Peewee for a peaceful transition.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,315
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I am so sorry for your pain. I pray for your peace and comfort. Remember that you will see your DH again and you will be reunited. Your separation is only temporary. It will be difficult, but you will get through it one step at a time, one hour at a time and one day at a time. Please stay in touch and know that we are all hugging you right now.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady I’m so sorry for all your pain. You are a wonderful caregiver for your precious husband. Praying for peace, strength and comfort for you. I know you are holding his hand and he can feel your love, and you can feel his love for you!

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

My heart is breaking for you. I wish I could be there to hug you.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,719
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Sending prayers and love as you near journey s end you've done beautifully by him....

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more