Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

PCA zAlzheimer's

Anyone on here have pca Alzheimer's? I'm not sure if that's the type I have, because it's real early. Just diagnosed the other day. But the occipital lobes is where all my plaques are at from the pet scan. Some vision problems already though. Ugh

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Jay, probably none of the other patient members has PCA. How are you handling your vision problems?

Iris

• dsandcs
    dsandcs Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    My spouse was diagnosed with Posterior Cortical Atrophy in 2021. Vision deficits are the most prevalent with this syndrome although she has mobility issues and cognitive deficits as well. I have found most doctors and individuals know very little about PCA. Believe it or not I get more information on Facebook Posterior Cortical Atrophy Awareness page than anywhere else. I find it very helpful. I’m very sorry for your diagnosis and wish you the best!
  • JayBo
    JayBo Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Iris, hello and thanks. I'm going back to the eye doctor next Monday. I'm just not able to focus my eyes at different times of the day. I have dry eye syndrome, so I apply eye drops, but it doesn't seem to help.

• yub63
    yub63 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    My spouse was diagnosed about 2 years ago. He is still very early stage, very little cognitive issues with day to day. Most is visual concerns, he no longer drives, has difficulty seeing items in plain sight, using phone and computer getting more difficult. Reading & writing skills deteriorating. I too get more valuable information from facebook sites.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more