Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Hello dear friends this is ladypeewee.

We Had Peewee's service today and I want to interduce you to my wonderful Husband His real name is William. I am going to share a few memories that I have of William. He was a small man with a big heart and he loved me with everything in his heart. all through our life together he always took care of me until he couldn't anymore. However he still tried by doing small things such as when I would wake up to go to the kitchen or bathroom I would get out of bed and move through the darkness so I didn't wake him by turning on a light. However he would always wake up and turn his bedside light on for me. so I didn't trip in the darkness. He did this right up till 2 days before he passed.

He would hold my blanket for me when I got back in bed, and then try to cover me back up until he was so weak that he couldn't raise his arm anymore. Just small things like that right up to the end just to show me he loved me.

When William got sick back in 2014 he started planning his funeral . He told me what music he wanted, he told me what color casket he wanted, and where he wanted to be buried .

He wanted the songs Amazing Grace and I will always love you By Dolly Parton. The last song is from a memory we share from when we were kids in love.

He wanted each of our kids to write down their favorite memory of them together and have them read at his service.

The service was so beautiful He was so handsome in his blue western shirt. We put some of his favorite things in his casket. Such as a pack of cigarettes in his breast pocket because he always had a pack in his pocket, his sister made him a blanket cause he was always cold.his grand kids put a can of Yahoo drink to take with him, his wedding ring that had gotten to small for his finger over the years, I put it up to keep from losing it, well I found it and it finally fit him again. his watch that he always wore that was his granddaughters, Pictures of his grand kids and the favorite memory pages, and last a letter that his grand son wrote only for him.

The letter from Heaven was read out loud, the favorite memories was read out loud, Amazing Grace was sung by Three wonderful people from the church and The song by mark wills When You Think of Me.

When William and I started planing his service together I didn't really want to do it. However I am so glad we did it together. The last song I added If you want to hear it go to Youtube and type in the name. I wished I could add a link here however I don't know how.

Comments

• michiganpat
    michiganpat Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Beautiful. Thank you for posting. Your memories of William will sustain you.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,719
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you for sharing this. Means a lot Lady.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

So touching. Thank you for sharing. (((Hugs)))

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

(((Hugs)))

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Loving tribute. Thank you for sharing.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Beautiful! You had a beautiful love. Such a blessing to live all of those years with such adoration and caring. May you find peace and comfort in knowing that one day you will be reunited.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

What a powerful post! Thank you.

• cavenson
    cavenson Member Posts: 31
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

What a beautiful tribute to your husband and the love you shared. Be gentle with yourself. May all the good memories you have of life with William help to bring you peace and comfort.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

What a heart warming tribute to your loving William. His love will always be with you and someday you will be him again. Love never stops! Pease and comfort for you and your family.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Dear Lady, thank you for introducing us to your wonderful husband and for sharing your love. He sounds like a wonderful man who loved you deeply. May you find peace in the memories of that special love.

• Howaboutnow
    Howaboutnow Member Posts: 133
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Thank you for sharing more about William. Those sweet small gestures he maintained till the end express beautifully how deeply he loved you. ❤️

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 805
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

My heart is overflowing for you. What a wonderful partnership you had. Thank you for sharing it with us. You and your family are in my thoughts.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 887
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

What a beautiful memorial to your William aka Peewee. May he rest in peace. Praying that God will surround you with beautiful memories and comfort you.

Here's one of my favorite Alan Jackson songs:

I WANT TO STROLL OVER HEAVEN WITH YOU

If I surveyed all the good things that come to me from above

If I count all the blessings from the storehouse of love

I'd simply ask for a favor of him beyond mortal king

And I'm sure that he'd grant it again

I want to stroll over Heaven with you some glad day

When all our troubles and heartaches are vanished away

Then we'll enjoy the beauty where all things are new

I want to stroll over Heaven with you

So many places of beauty we long to see here below

But time and treasures have kept us from making plans as you know

But come the morning of the rapture together we'll stand anew

While I stroll over Heaven with you

I want to stroll over Heaven with you some glad day

When all our troubles and heartaches are vanished away

Then we'll enjoy the beauty where all things are new

I want to stroll over Heaven with you

I want to stroll over Heaven with you.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute. You were wise to plan together.

Iris

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

LadyP

That tribute was so touching. Beautiful love story to the end. May The Lord bring you comfort.

• GiGi1963
    GiGi1963 Member Posts: 101
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Beautiful love story. Thank you for sharing your beautiful tribute.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,762
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

How nice to meet William....thank you...sending my love

Judith

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Lady Peewee, it sounds like you had a beautiful service for William. I am glad you had the amazing loving relationship you had. In spite of the sadness, your love was special. I am glad you had each other.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Sounds like the two of you had a wonderful life together ❤️. Thank you for sharing!

Ron

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Thank you for sharing your beautiful relationship. Peace and love to you. ❤️

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Ladypeewee, What a wonderful love story, Truly you were the love of his life. And he was the love of your life. He may have been a small man in stature , but I can tell by your words he was a huge man full of love and compassion. May the memories that you shared over the years sustain you and fill your heart with joy. thank you for sharing your love story and for letting us know how his farewell was. Please keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing you have been in my prayers and I will continue to keep you there, as I know others will do also. God's blessings to you and your family. Richard

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    edited September 2023

Thank you very much, Lady. Truly a beautifully touching and very meaningful service for your beloved William; it is good to know more about him as a person and to hear your very special love story. He was indeed beloved just as he loved you.

With fondness and warmest of thoughts,

J.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Beautiful love story and touching tribute here, as well as the beautiful celebration of his life. I am struck by how young he was. Early onset dementia is a special burden and I am holding you in my heart dear Lady PeeWee. May your dear husband William rest in peace, and may you always find comfort in his precious memory.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thank you for sharing that beautiful tribute. AD aside, you weee both very lucky!

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

A life well lived; no regrets. As it should be. I found great peace in the aftermath of DH’s service. Friends, family, photos, videos, shared memories all helped me to more vividly remember him when he was “whole”, before Alz robbed me of his companionship. May you find peace and comfort in the coming days and months, and happiness in your memories. And thank you for sharing your love story.

• amicrazytoo
    amicrazytoo Member Posts: 169
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments

ladypeewee - My sincere condolences on your loss. What a contribution you have provided to the members here. You and your DH's relationship and love is a legacy you shared with open arms. I thank you!

• ladypeewee
    ladypeewee Member Posts: 62
    Eighth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments

Thank you all for your replies and comments. This Group has helped me so much over the years.

When we are going through this journey, We come to the last time our loved ones does something and not realize it's the last time. Taking the trash out or washing dishes, doing laundry , checking the oil in the car. holding hands or kissing and being intimate with each other, all these thing hurt and make us sad when we realize that the last time was the last time.

The heart break really comes after they are gone. I went to mine and William's favorite place to eat by myself the other day, I thought it wouldn't bother me because I've eaten there before all alone before he passed, This time it hit me that I would never take him in there again. And I broke down and cried like a baby. I can't look at his side of the bed yet so I have it covered up with pillows and blankets, I had to clean out his dresser cause I can't look at his clothes, I went to church Sunday and I lost it because they sang Amazing Grace Which is one of the songs that was sung at his funeral service. I need a change so I am going to go stay with my sister for awhile. When asked how i am doing i reply with I am fine it's fine everything is fine and it's going to be ok.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more