Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

"the body might be slowing down"

My DW was diagnosed with mixed dementia and Alzheimer's six years ago. The neurological PA currently says she is in "late moderate " stage. This diagnosis has held for a while. In the most recent visit the PA said some people "linger" especially in moderate stage.

This morning at the podiatrist, I had the doc look at my DW large toenails which have not grown in over a year. (The smaller nails have slowly,) After examination with all else normal, the doc said "the body might be slowing down."

My DW has for over ten years getting an eyeshot in one eye for a condition similar too but not exactly the same as Macular Degeneration. The ophthalmologist attributes the likely cause to fact that my DW was born over two months premature. She had been getting shots every two-four months for an extended period of time. Then, during the past year the spacing is now seven months or more. The doc has no explanation. I have wondered if the body was slowing down.

Has anyone experienced varied slowing down of the body including movement through the stages?

Thanks for your replies.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney