Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

sometimes an angel can appear when you least expect it

Hello everyone,

A few months back i needed some home repairs done, These were important issues but not big jobs, and it was difficult to find a contractor. FInally through friends i was able to engage a very nice guy to help me. He did the repairs, and then some, could see that my husband wasn't well, and put other things in place that were "extras" as we discovered that i needed a lot more help than I realized.

I live in an area where housing is scarce. Lots of unoccupied vacation homes here, very few year round rentals. He was going to lose his housing and was trying to buy something. So i casually mentioned that if he needed a place to store some of his equipment, he could put some of it on our property. This never materialized, but this summer, i needed major work done, had dry rot on all the trim, and had to have it replaced. It was a nightmare, the guys were here for weeks. I'm on a very tight budget and have been dreading this bill.

Yesterday he appeared at my door, wanted to talk with me. I asked him to please lmk how much i was going to owe him, and then...he reminded me about my "offer" so many months ago. Could he store a container and a truck at my place? He was thinking that "we could help each other". I was stunned, and of course agreed. Then he asked how Bob was doing and went on his way. The crew will be here tomorrow to prepare the space, and i am so grateful.

Meanwhile, this morning, he sent someone over to cut the grass and tidy up the garden!

In the middle of all this chaos and heartbreak, two people extended kindness to one another, and, as far as i'm concerned,manifested a small miracle.

I am so grateful for my angel in disguise. He just "showed up..

Maureen

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you for sharing this story, it’s heartwarming to know that there are good people out there.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,675
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

So happy this worked out for you. Thank you for sharing.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

For such a time as this!

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Angels unaware ❤️. I’m so happy you were blessed with your Angel!

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

That warms my heart, Maureen. Thanks for sharing.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited September 2023

It's amazing how many good people there are in this world. But the only thing we hear about is division in out country, rapes, murders, etc. I guess there's no money in reporting good things. I'm really glad things worked out for you.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

So glad your angel showed up! There are wonderful people in this world, we seldom ever hear about them but they are here.

we had some really strong wind recently and it brought a large limb of one of our trees. No way could I have cut those limbs out of my fence. A guy who has done some work for us drove by and noticed. The next day he was here with his chainsaw cutting down that limb and cleaning everything up. I couldn’t help thinking to myself how much is this going to cost. He also noticed our flag pole was broken. He fixed that too. I asked him how much I owed him. He replied “ you have enough on your plate, no change, this is what neighbors do “. He does not live anywhere close to us!

• gampiano
    gampiano Member Posts: 329
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

I just LOVE this!

• ThisLife
    ThisLife Member Posts: 254
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Beautiful stories. Thank you everyone for sharing.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more