Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Truly Thankful!

I don't post often but read daily and often lol. I just want to thank those that respond to all the newbies (like me) and offer such great advice.

You know who you are and do not need to name names. I'm so grateful for your willingness to share and most importantly to reply to posts from those seeking direction, support.

I often start a reply then delete it; mostly because of insecurities (silly, I know). I just wanted to take the time to let you regular posters know that I so appreciate you and your willingness to share and support others on this difficult journey,

So thank you! xo

Comments

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

We were all newbies at one time. I’m glad you’re with us.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 528
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

I, too, am very grateful. Had it not been for the wise words of many on this forum, I would not have set our legal and financial affairs in order nor navigated the difficult territory when my DH became a danger on the road. It's still hard, but knowing I'm not alone is invaluable.

• Rocky2
    Rocky2 Member Posts: 133
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Those who post, and even those who silently follow in the background, are vital parts of this community. I'm sure that many of those "silent partners" are caring and praying for those who have posted questions and concerns. I am grateful for, and welcome, all my fellow travelers here.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    edited September 2023

I too have been very appreciative. I did not find this place until things were already pretty complicated; suddenly I found this place by accident which was the best accident I ever had. The caring people here helped keep my head above water during the worst of times and also taught me so much with their experiential wisdom. Forever grateful.

J.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Caro, what a great post! When I started down the dementia road, I knew nothing about dementia. I have no idea what would have happened if I didn't find this site. But I know it would have been much harder. I might have been the first to go.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 887
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

ditto. I don't know what I would do without this forum. Thank you everyone for being there.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 887
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I just realized that yesterday was my one year anniversary of finding this forum. How can it have been that long? My DH,78 was diagnosed 2 years ago. He's now in Stage 5. 😪

• GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 839
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

When I first got here, I knew absolutely nothing about dementia, and in some ways I still feel like a newbie. Different stages bring up new and different issues - things I've never dealt with. I'm always saying to myself "okay, now what do I do??"

I'm grateful for this site, and I'm grateful to all who have offered advice, or to just let me vent. I've been here four years now (how can that be??), and the road is still so very difficult, but being here makes it easier to manage.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I've been here a long time and I am still learning. Thanks everyone!

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney