Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

How to see group discussions

I joined a private group but don't know how to join the discussions of the group. Can someone explain?

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Welcome. You are new, IMO you will get more value out of reading threads and posting your own concerns so that many members can respond to you.

Iris

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Welcome to the group. Sorry you need it, even though it is a good one.

Which private group did you join? Was it here on alzconnected? This site has recently been given a new look, and even some of our older members aren't totally familiar with it yet. But if you give us more information, someone should help.

• CandyP
    CandyP Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary

Just starting, new at this! LH diagnosed about 2 hrs ago. Read about many stages, not sure were he’s at. Knows my name but can’t find the bathroom. Deal everyday with new changes. No matches, knives, scissors, chairs with no arms and stools ( falls asleep and falls off) LH doesn’t believe anything is wrong with him, it’s someone else’s fault. Dealing with things better since changed my approach. I do become angry and upset at times but try to just walk away and tell myself it’s my job to keep him safe and healthy. So far I’ve been able to deal with everything but the angry outbursts. That’s when I walk away ( tell myself I don’t have to listen to that). What I need is things to keep LH busy. Likes to snap, button, fold, bag everything. Any suggestions would be appreciates. Candy

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Welcome CandyP. Not believing that anything is wrong with him has a name, it is anosognosia. You are already doing the work-arounds that the members use. Keep posting.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney