Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Diapers with tabs, Help!

Hi Everyone,

So, we've been using the wonderful pull ups from Parent Giving, (made in Italy). If my DH would keep them in place at night they would be great , but he begins to remove the pant when he feels the urge, and as a result, we have a lot of changes , and it's exhausting. He has started 25 mg of Seraquel for sleep with mixed results. If he would sleep through the night, we wouldnt have this issue, I think we need to up the dosage. Any input here would be appreciated. I'm noticing that some of you have added melatonin as well, how much to give, and did you do this on your own?

Meanwhile, I'm looking for a Diaper with tabs, that would go up above the waist, and be secure enough so that he could not roll it down or push the leg opening over to the side. In other words, i need a diaper lock down!

I have some samples here from North Shore, but the tabs dont look wide enough.

Thanks in advance for your help. I will be providing a hospice update soon. They are trying to match us up with a volunteer who will stay with DH for 2 hours . I'm meeting him on Monday.

Best to all,

Maureen

P.S. I just looked at the date on my computer. Today is our 55th wedding anniversary. I'm thinking about those vows right now, and reminding myself of the promises we made.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Happy anniversary to both of you. Not too many people can brag about that number anymore. 1-888-746-2107 is the number to call parentgiving to ask for recommendations. Just explain what you are looking for. I wish you luck.

• gampiano
    gampiano Member Posts: 329
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Thank you Ed!

Why didn't I think of that?

You are a treasure...

Maureen

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Since LO began seeing geri psyche monthly, we've changed several medications. He currently takes clonazepam, vilazodone and olazapine along with BP and cholesterol meds, however, he was still not sleeping through the night. Once I started CBD/THC with 3mg melotonin gummies, his sleep has improved. He still wakes up once in a while to raid the kitchen for sweets (which I am now hiding so he doesn't eat them all!) and goes back to bed and sleeps. I checked with his doctor and he said if it works, keep giving it to him. Hope this helps.

Happy Anniversary! The total years with my three ex husbands doesn't add to the number of years you're married! Congratulations! xo

• gampiano
    gampiano Member Posts: 329
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Caro Lynne!

Thank you for that info. I will go to the dispensary this week!

Maureen

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney