Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just checking in

It will be a year on the 27th that she passed, next week if things go right we will be spreading her ashes on the places she loved. I miss her every day but I'm glad she passed. That was no way to live as Alzheimers' took over . Thanks again for all your help. I am slowly adjusting to it all.

I've gave the information to another friend of mine who's Father has it. I know she will get help here and also her Mother. Hoot

Comments

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Hoot,

Wow, can't believe it's been a year. Bless you...keep in touch.

Michele

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Hoot; it is really good to hear from you. I too cannot believe a year has already passed and can certainly understand your still getting adjusted to the change and missing your wife as she was before she became ill with dementia. I remember how hard you tried to make everything as best as could be, and it was certainly a time when you had to hit the ground running as fast as you could. You did indeed rise to the occasion.

Will your daughter be with you when you scatter your wife's ashes in her favorite places? I seem to remember her as wanting to look out for you; and a cute grandchild in a photo.

I was thinking about camp and wondered what the weather is like up there in the U.P. Leaves changed color as yet? That was always my favorite time to go back up home for a visit. Love autumn up there; winter not so much. (Grin.)

Do stop by and say hello and even stay a bit; it is always good to hear from our old friends we haven't seen for awhile.

J.

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Hi Everybody, The leaves are changing and falling, still a lot more haven't started yet. Took a ride on my side-by-side with the dog. Some of the colors we saw were really brilliant..

My daughter and sister and Grandson were with me on the 30th when we spread her ashes. It was also on my 41st year of sobriety. We spread some at Grand Marais on the sand . She loved it there. The one there really hit me hard but life goes on.

Again Thank All of you again for the help. Sometimes just reading what others were going thru made it a lot easier for me and the advice from others really helped. Love to All, Ken

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 886
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks for the update. My DH is moderate Stage 5 going into Stage 6. Before his diagnosis 2 years ago we traveled full time in our RV. One of our favorite trips was to Grand Marais. Such a beautiful place. Cherish those memories. Sending love & hugs.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ken so very good to hear from you! I don’t post very often lately because my dh is progressing and has become very demanding. But as you well know “it is what it is “ . I do try to read as much as possible. So I was very happy to see you checking in. Very glad you are spending time with your family and getting out and hopefully enjoying nature. I would spend all my time outside if possible but this summer here in Texas it was hot as hell! Are you going hunting soon? I just want to thank you for all the help I received from you. You made some things easier and understandable. Take care of yourself and your dog!

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Hello Hoot. Good to hear from you again. I'm glad you're getting out. With the fall color showing in all it's glory, it shouldn't be long before ours is too. We're on the southern tip of Lake Michigan. It won't be too long before the snow is falling, and the color will be gone. Enjoy it while you can.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more