Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

My Chuckle Today

Joe C.
Joe C. Member Posts: 944
Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

As many of you know DW has been in MC for almost 2 years. She is in Stage 7 and is almost nonverbal usually only uttering a single word in response to a question and I can not remember the last time she spoke a coherent sentence.

When I went to visit today she was very upbeat and happy. I asked her if she would like to go for a walk to which she responded; “No, I might shit myself”, at which point we both burst out laughing. The Things that will bring a smile to your face on this journey.

Comments

• Newbernian
    Newbernian Member Posts: 34
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments

Thanks for sharing your story. If you can't laugh at the ridiculousness, you might as well roll over and die. Humor keeps us human. The fact that the two of you can share the humor is fantastic. Having a spontaneous laugh in the moment is a blessing. I wish you more blessings!

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Joe thanks for sharing! I couldn’t keep from laughing. Just to hear her saying a sentence and then it’s something so dang funny is totally priceless!! This is a big win for the day!

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Joe,

Thanks for that! I read your post around midnight last night- - dark and spooky with remnants of Ophelia banging around. I laughed out loud, all alone. Laughter is truly the best medicine.

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Joe,

I'm with Beachfan-I LMAO!!🤣

• A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 118
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Bless you for posting this, Joe. I almost shat myself laughing. I'm glad she has you to look after her, and glad she had this brilliant flash of insight.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more