Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Hello M1 - Thinking of You

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello again, M; been thinking of you and your Partner and of course, wondering how you and she are and how things are going.

So much happening; but hoping you are still coming here now and then.

Wonder how your breathing is doing, if you have found anyone to help at home and around the property as yet, and also wonder if you are still working part time from home.

Sending best thoughts and so hope things are looking up a bit,

J.

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

M1, You have been on my mind as well. Sending positive thoughts & prayers.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,717
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

I guess I have been lurking more than posting lately.

Things are okay i guess. Breathing is still not what id like, and a back injury has flared back up- but now of course i can't do a repeat epidural because of the bloodthinners. So im just limping along. I go to town to have lunch with my partner most days- she eats better if i am there-and then I come home and go to bed. I am trying to make myself do one thing a day around the house and property. Today it was changing the cat litter, and arranging for a large oak to be taken down. Very limited goals right now.

My partner remains sweet and oblivious, not combative about leaving like she used to be, though she still hates it when i leave in the afternoons. But always glad to see me, which is such a welcome change. Thank goodness i got her moved when i did, is all I can say. Currently she's very anemic and a limited evaluation is underway. Probably not much we can do about it.

As always i appreciate your asking. I just finished reading "Last Devil to Die"-funny and amusing mystery series if you're not familiar with it-but (spoiler alert) it has an assisted suicide for Alzheimer's that I could hardly bear to read. Too close to home.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    edited September 2023

Thank you for responding. While I am very sorry that your back pain is an issue and that your breathing is not yet back to "normal," it is good to know that you are doing reasonably okay and are pacing yourself.

It is also good news to hear that your Partner has settled more than she had been; and you are quite right, it was a huge blessing to get her moved when you did. What a difference that decision has made! You have done very well on her behalf. That she is always delighted to see you indicates you are still a hero in her heart.

I see you too are a person who enjoys a good book; I had not read any of that author; it appears that may well be a writer I would enjoy, thanks for mentioning it.

When you have a moment from time, let us know how you are, what the physicians are saying and what is happening in M1 land; it is always good to hear from you.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney