Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

ED1937, how are you?

Hi ,

With all of the most recent events at our house, ive been a bit caught up in my own dilemmas. I've not seen any recent posts from you and wanted to check in to see if all is well.

Sending a hug,

Maureen

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Ed has been great in responses and providing information, but it would be good to know what is happening with your challenges, dear sir. How has Mike been doing and wonder if there has been any success in finding a new place for him as he has wished. Hope all is well on that front.

Take good care of you too; and thank you for ALL the support, experiential wisdom and assistance you kindly provide here on this Forum. It is invaluable to so many.

J.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited September 2023

Thank you for your concerns. I'm fine, even though I've not been here for a few days. I have 2 daughters who I've been concerned with. One has kidney failure, and has dialysis 3 or 4 times a week. And now she has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks when they decided to send her to PT, which hasn't turned out to be the best. She has been having trouble getting her meds like she was in the hospital (she's in a nursing home now). On the way to the nursing home, she needed to use the restroom, so stopped at a burger joint to use the restroom. When she got out of the car, she took a few steps, then fell, breaking her wrist. Back to the hospital until she got a cast, then on to the nursing home. The first night there, she took the cast off. She said she did it while sleeping. Is that even possible? On to a different hospital, where they put a temporary cast on her. Now back to the nursing home. So it's been a mess. I think I'll go to the nursing home tomorrow to make sure things are being taken care of properly.

So I'm quickly going through the new posts, but not going to reply to those with several replies already. Thanks again!

Edit: Mike has been like a different person for the last 3 months now. He is getting an injection every month, and that has been the difference between night and day. I'm thrilled. He won't be moving, at least for now.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Prayers for your daughter..

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Dear Ed, thanks for the update and letting us know you are okay. I'm so sorry about your daughter. She will be in my prayers. And thanks for the good news about your son. You take care of yourself. Hugs.

Brenda

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ed thank you for the update and prayers for your daughter. Good news about your son. Please try to take care of yourself. Hope you know just how much you are appreciated!!

• Ed1937

Thank you all for your kind words.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 528
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

So glad your son is better. Hoping things get settled for your daughter, too.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter, Ed. She certainly didn’t need a wrist injury on top of everything else. I hope they get all of that straightened out. So good to hear that they found a medication for your son that is helping.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Ed,

It is so good to hear that you are ok. I will be praying for your daughter, son and you. Life is so darn hard.

• Ed1937

Thank you, thank you. More bad news on my daughter. Her hemoglobin dropped, and they sent her to the hospital. They found blood in her stool, and gave her a transfusion. So she's been admitted for further evaluation.

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Ed- I’m sorry about everything with your daughter. She must be so discouraged, frustrated and worried at this point. The news about your son sounds very good though. Especially since the situation with your daughter is likely stressful for him too.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,074
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Ed, prayers for your daughter that things improve for her and that you find all is as it should be at the nursing home.

Hugs

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I'll be thinking of you and praying for all of you. xo

• Ed1937

Thank you. Yesterday I went to see the DON at the nursing home. She appeared interested, and talked to my daughter about her concerns. She said she would take care of it. But then daughter went to the hospital, so I can't verify that things have been taken care of yet. My daughter is afraid of going back to that place when she is released. A social worker came in the room while I was there. She will be trying to find another place that will take Medicaid. I hope she is able to do that.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more