Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Covid vaccine question

Have any of you had the new Covid vaccine yet, the one that was just released a week or two ago? Did you have any reaction to it? I just want to plan ahead in case I am going to spend a day not feeling well. I would be getting the Pfizer vaccine.

Comments

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

My DH and I had COVID, Flu and RSV vaccines yesterday and had no problems. Arm was sore but that is to be expected.

• ThisLife
    ThisLife Member Posts: 254
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I had the Moderna a week ago. Felt a little achy and clammy for about 24 hours and minor sore arm. Same as my last Moderna.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Had the new one yesterday; other than arm soreness , no other side effects. We were told to hydrate well the day before to minimize side effects .

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

P.S. I had Pfizer

• HangingIn
    HangingIn Member Posts: 24
    10 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary 5 Likes

DH and I had covid (Moderna) and flu shots Tues. Sore arm, a little achy, pretty much like all the previous shots.

• Drapper
    Drapper Member Posts: 79
    Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

My DH and I both had Pfizer shot. Other than slightly sore arm , no adverse reaction.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I had the Moderna shot yesterday, so far just a sore arm.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Anecdotally, I am hearing of more reactions with the Moderna Spikevax 2023-24 than the Pfizer Comirnaty 2023-24.

I had both Spikevax and Fluad Quad at 8pm and was unable to do my usual routine for the entire next day. I had a significant fever, muscle aches and exhaustion. I was much better the day after that, but still tired enough to retire at 8pm. I mostly blame the senior flu vaccine. DH, DS (regular flu vaccine) and my mom all did the same and felt at little ratty the next day but mostly OK.

That said, last Christmas when we all came down with COVID, I got only a faint positive one time with no symptoms while the 3 of them were sick enough to need Paxlovid. Given that I drive my mom everywhere and share a bed with DH, I suspect the vaccine really worked well for me.

HB

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

My sister had the Pfizer Covid vaccine yesterday around 4:15 and feels a little blah but is up and around. Only real effect seems to be a sore arm. She said she feels better than she did with the previous Covid vaccines. She will get a flu shot later.

HB, I’m sorry to hear you had a crappy day afterward. I wonder if the senior flu vaccine alone would have caused symptoms?

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more