Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

The end of my story

My Husband Clarence passed last night. He went peacefully. He no longer knew any of us and he wouldn't have wanted to be that way. He was a proud retired Navy veteran who served in two wars. We had two sons and 2 grand daughters and 2 honorary grand children. He was so proud of the adults they had become. I will be OK physically. He allowed me to be a strong woman and taught me many things to take care of myself. Emotionally I will never be the same.

Thank all of you for sharing your travels along this road. I learned so much and shared your sad moments. I am exhausted and to be honest am looking forward to leaving this site that I was drawn to read every evening once my sweetie went to bed. I know this experience has taught me how to respond to others who are facing health challenges.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

God bless you and may you find peace and comfort. Thank you for being apart of our journey.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,074
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Don't know if you will see this but want to express my sincere condolences on the passing of your dear husband.

I hope that you find solace in the good memories you shared and in your family.

May you find peace of mind and heart.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Peace to you and your family

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

I am sorry for your loss.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Wishing peace and comfort to you and your family. Glad to know he went peacefully.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

Condolences, but hopefully the worst is over for your LO and you. May the days ahead be filled with renewed hope and joy!

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

I am so sorry. May you find peace and comfort in all of the memories of happier times together.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

I’m sorry for the loss of your dear husband. Praying for your peace and comfort.

• gampiano
    gampiano Member Posts: 329
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Melvina,

Heartfelt sympathy to you , and may your dear husband rest in peace. I wish you peace and good health in the years ahead.

Maureen

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Melvina, I'm sorry for your huge loss. May you find peace in the coming days. If you feel like coming back to the site in the future, the door is always open.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

My sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. My you find some peace in the days ahead.

• Drapper
    Drapper Member Posts: 79
    Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

my sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. I wish you peace, comfort and joy as your journey continues.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 885
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

So sorry for your loss. Wishing your dear husband "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - I am mid point in my journey with my DH who is a USMC Vietnam Vet. I too come here at night. Sending hugs.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Deepest condolences on your DH’s passing. May his memory be a blessing as you forge ahead.

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 193
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

So sorry for the loss of your husband. May you find peace and always remember the good times.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more