Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

DH Meltdown over TV this morning

Just need to vent. Another gut punch today. 😪 My DH, diagnosed 2 years ago recently changed to ALZ-Posterior Cortical Atrophy sat down in his recliner to watch TV this morning at 10:30 and became very angry & agitated because he couldn't watch Wonder Woman ☺️ which didn't start until 11am. So that's the latest smack in the face of his progression. He can see what time it is using his digital clock I got him, but can't understand elapsed or future time if that makes sense. When I said we need to wait until 11 to watch it, he couldn't grasp that concept and just kept screaming at the TV. I noticed that he doesn't understand AM/PM either and is having more difficulty seeing the TV channels. He moved a chair close to the TV and sat there all day. I tried to get him to let me put on the guide that talks to him but it bothers him so I'll wait until another time and try it again. Since ALZ-PCA affects his vision, I may ask for an OT to come for an evaluation & help. PS: his 2 favorite shows? Wonder Woman and WWE. 😄

Comments

• Kibbee
    Kibbee Member Posts: 229
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

My DH loves Star Trek, X Files, Outer Limits and Twilight Zone. I've picked up as many DVDs of these as I can find at Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul, etc.) He happily watches them over and over. If I put one in the DVD player it keeps him entertained for quite a while, and since it's DVDs, he can watch whenever he likes.

By the way, like your DH my DH is fond of Wonder Woman. He also likes Zena the Warrior Princess. Guess I'll have to head to the GW Boutique and start looking for those too!

• Chammer
    Chammer Member Posts: 140
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

You tube can also be a source of old reruns. DH watches Daniel Boone for hours on You tube. The theme song has become the background music of my life!

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Perhaps you can search for an old series of WW using the On Deman function. Sometimes they have old movies on there.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

Not sure if you have streaming services, but you may be able to find Wonder Woman old reruns (assuming it's the Linda Carter version that your LO likes) or WWE there. If not, perhaps purchase a season of Wonder Woman on DVD? Just some suggestions.

• CindyBum
    CindyBum Member Posts: 268
    250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited October 2023

I am cracking up that his two favorite shows are Wonder Woman and WWE.

To add: For a mere $14.50/month, you can stream the Wonder Woman tv show on max. I feel like I've become an expert on finding which streaming service has which show to have programs for my SO to watch over and over again. For me...it's been worth the money.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more