Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need some prayers

SDianeL
SDianeL Member Posts: 884
500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME.

I am the caregiver for my DH, 78 who was diagnosed 2 years ago. He's Stage 5 with Alzheimer's-Posterior Cortical Atrophy. In 2017 I had breast cancer with radiation. Severe side effects from radiation which have lasted 6.5 yrs. Recently I'm having more and different problems. Won't go into detail but am scheduled for an MRI Nov 7th and if MRI shows anything will have biopsy to rule out cancer. Of course I'm not telling my DH. Just need some prayers. I don't know what will happen to my DH if something happens to me. Anxiety through the roof and can't stop crying. Don't want to post on social media for obvious reasons. Thank you all in advance for your support and prayers.

Comments

• Chammer
    Chammer Member Posts: 140
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Praying for your peace of mind, decreased anxiety, wise healthcare providers and your continued good health.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Praying for a good outcome and peace of mind for you.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I am so sorry you have the added stress and anxiety. Prayers as you go through the MRI and whatever is to follow.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I am praying for you, too.

Iris

• S. Lynch
    S. Lynch Member Posts: 18
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Praying for you and your loved one, that you can get the support you need so you can take care of you, and your DH. 💜

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

Diane, the waiting and not knowing are the worst in my opinion. Do you have a Plan B of what will happen if you are not able to care for your DH? We all worry about this. DH and I have no children and don’t live near any family tho I doubt they would help even if we did. I have set up a relationship with a Care Manager in town should something happen to me. Even tho I did this 2 yrs ago, I had not provided them with anything more than the most basic of information. Last week, I had my gall bladder removed. For the 2 weeks before surgery, I updated the info they had on both my DH and me. Then I wrote up several documents like An Average Day for my DH and History of DH Balance Issues and Fainting. I tried to provide enough info in case they had to place my DH should something happen to me. I also use a document sharing site where I share assorted documents with my POA and backup POA and I added several documents to that site. It was a bit of overkill since gall bladder surgery is a very low risk surgery. But it was the trigger to get me off my backside and get something done. What I still haven’t done is to visit some of the facilities in town in case I need to suddenly place my DH. I have a feeling I’m going to drag my heels a bit more on that one.

I’ll keep you in my prayers for both a bit of peace during the waiting period and for the results of your test.

• michiganpat
    michiganpat Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

I am sorry you are going thru this. I too worry what will happen to my husband if something were to happen to me. Prayers being offered for you to have a good outcome. Please keep us updated.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,717
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

I agree with Pat6177, it's the uncertainty that is awful, getting the answers as fast as you can will help. Here's hoping that the answers are the ones that bring relief. Rrgardless, you have lots of support here to help you face the future.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

You both are in my prayers.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I am praying for you and your DH for peace, healing, comfort and wisdom. Please let us know how your MRI goes.

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 193
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

I am praying that everything is okay with your MRI.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

I will be praying for you.

• hiya
    hiya Member Posts: 63
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

I am praying for good mri results, less anxiety and worry. We are all pulling for you. Sending a big hug

• Howaboutnow
    Howaboutnow Member Posts: 133
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Praying for your health and peace of mind. I’m glad you shared your worry with us so we can “be with you” 😊🙏

• housefinch
    housefinch Member Posts: 360
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

Sending you hugs, prayers, and strength as you move forward.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Prayers coming. I'm sorry you have this to deal with. But know you will receive a lot of support here.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I will keep you both in my prayers.

• Rocky2
    Rocky2 Member Posts: 133
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Dianne, Both DW and I are dealing with cancer and I can relate to your situation. I am a person of faith and have found comfort and support through prayer, faith community support and through those on this forum. Know that you and your DH are in my prayers as well as you walk through this.

Tom

• GiGi1963
    GiGi1963 Member Posts: 101
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dianne, look at all the people who are praying for you. With so much love, you will gain the strength you need for whatever comes. Hugs.

• gampiano
    gampiano Member Posts: 329
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Diane,

My heart it with you during this stressful time. I will be praying for a good outcome.

Sending love and support,

Maureen

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

You're in my prayers Diane,

Michele

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 528
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Absolutely sending up prayers for peace and healing for you. May the outcome be quick and positive.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Praying for you and DH, for a positive outcome and some peace of mind. I am a “glass half full” personality; hoping your glass is overflowing. Stay strong. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I will be praying for you and your dh. Asking for peace of mind and strength to handle what ever comes. You’ve gone through so much and you will get through this too!

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 884
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

no I don't have a plan. He was diagnosed 2 years ago and I've been treading water ever since. Selling our RV, moving us into an apartment, trading in our older car for a new one, going to the attorney to get the DPOA done (glad I did). Once I get over the tests I will sit down with my daughter. He's his step daughter and works full time so she's not an option for caregiver. Trying to stay positive. My Mom used to say "don't cross any bridges until you come to them" so that's what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the prayers.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

I’ll be thinking of you next week! Praying it will be good news. ((()))

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more