Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A chuckle about lack of focus

Dear Friends, I posted a few days ago about my last of focus. Well, here is my latest. My dear friend made a gorgeous unicorn cake for her granddaughter and posted a picture on Facebook. I thought I typed "It is terrific." But no.... my post came out to be "It looks terrible."

I truly was mortified. My dear friend, was so graceful in her response. "Denise, please tell me what I could have done better?" I was so upset and then I had to laugh.

I apologized profusely and removed the post. She acknowledged that she knew me better and that I would not say that to anyone. Thank God for friends who offer grace. I wonder what I will do today.

Comments

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

It's likely auto-correct that swapped it.

Yesterday I was texting a friend. Her church is sponsoring a refugee family from Afghanistan-- mom, dad and two young teens. Bestie was gifted a $100 Talbots card for them and decided to take mom and daughter out for the day to spend it. They went to the outlets where Talbots is next door to Chicos. I suggested that mom seemed more like a "Chica" (what Chicos calls their loyal customers) than a Talbots type, so my friend figured they'd visit both and friend would buy the card at face value if mom liked Chicos better which, of course she did.

Friend related the story via text to let me know I won the bet. And then she sent me a picture of a gold barn jacket she wanted to buy when it went on sale. I'm in Talbots all the time because of my mom's addiction issues I own last year's version of said jacket and sent her a picture with a caption meant to say "Twinsies". Except my phone auto-corrected it to "Two died". I attempted to resend it saying "Meant to say Twinsies" and the phone auto-corrected to "Twinkies". I give up. Twinkies it is.

HB

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

In today's world you can say anything, then blame it on auto correct. 😄

• mommyandme (m&m)
    mommyandme (m&m) Member Posts: 1,468
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Funny stuff, thanks for sharing!

• Chammer
    Chammer Member Posts: 140
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

@harshedbuzz my daughter and I say "twinkies or twinks" to mean twinning! And auto correct can be brutal!

• GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 839
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Spending 20+ years living in the Castro in San Francisco means I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. But man, the image in my head. 😄

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more