Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Taking a break, and needed info for Medication application

2»

Comments

• JC5
    JC5 Member Posts: 164
    100 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments

Ed,

Thank you for your advice, strength, understanding, encouragement and wisdom. You have helped so many including myself on this awful journey. It’s your time now to take care of you, tuck this away and enjoy life. God bless!

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Ed,

I'm with you and a lot of others, Beachfan etc. I miss everyone, but sometimes it hurts to check in. We'll chat again till then be well.😉

Michele

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Mayor Ed, I think it is a healthy move to take a break from the forum. You have been a great advocate for all on this site but dementia discussions day in and day out does have an impact on us. Take care my friend.

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Ed- hopefully you won’t read this for a while, because you are actually taking that break. I understand totally. I thought I’d stay in a parent epilepsy group after our son passed away. I couldn’t. First I kept snoozing it for 30 days( Facebook option) Finally I just left the group. It was just too much of a reminder of our loss.

I hope you can find new ways to enjoy your life- that wouldn’t mean you didn’t ( don’t) love and miss your wife. Just that enjoying your days is better than not.

• fireflies
    fireflies Member Posts: 23
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments

Ed, I also want to give my appreciation for all your posts over the years. I’m an on again off again lurker depending what’s going on with me and my spouse who is currently facilitating between stages 5 and 6.

My husband is generally loving but still challenging and I remember your final months with your wife. You were always loving and kind. I have such admiration for those who have more difficult issues during the final stages of this disease.

You also advocated for the utube channel Dementia Careblazers which has also helped me.

Please take care and thank you for all you have contributed.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Dear Ed, I surely hope you have peace and comfort in knowing what a wonderful caregiver you were to your wife. I pray you move on to enjoy your life. Your wife would have wanted that for you. Find joy again.

You have been such an inspiration to me. Your kindness, your gentle, understanding spirit spoke to my heart many times and I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to communicate with you. Thank you for all of the sound advice and experience you have given. It has truly been a blessing.

While I certainly will miss you and I so appreciate hearing from you, you must move on and not be attached to us still on the journey. I can only imagine that your visiting this forum just brings back heartache and reminders of all that you have endured.

God bless you Ed.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney