Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need some prayers update

I posted the need for prayers a few weeks ago. My DH, 78 has Alzheimer's-Posterior Cortical Atrophy, diagnosed 2 years ago. Current Stage 5 going into 6. I had breast cancer in 2017 with radiation. Now changes caused the doctor to order an MRI which showed some skin issues, Ultrasound with was inconclusive, and yesterday had 2 punch biopsies. I am terrified that I have an aggressive form of breast cancer. What will happen to my DH? I get the biopsy results before Thanksgiving and see the surgeon & oncologists Wednesday. To top it all off, I ordered a small 4' Christmas tree that was delivered today. MY DH pitched a hissy fit about me spending all our money and he obsessed over it being in the living room. I broke down in tears. I'm not sure I can do this anymore. Going to talk to his Geriatric Psychiatrist as soon as she is back in the office. Prayers appreciated.

Comments

• hiya
    hiya Member Posts: 63
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Praying for positive results for you. You are always full of good advice on here and such a great carer for your husband. It’s always extra stressful when we are not feeling 100%. Look after yourself and know you have a lot of friends pulling for you here.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Sending prayers. The stress of waiting is terrible......

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

SDianeL, I imagine you go for frequent mammograms with a past history, so even if there was a problem it would probably be caught in time. I wish your doctor’s appointments were after the holiday, but given how busy they are these days I don’t suppose it’s possible to wait a few more days for the results. And if everything is fine, you wouldn’t want to be worrying for nothing.

Too many things going on for you right now. He will probably forget whatever was bothering him about the Christmas tree. This is a tough time of year. I feel sad just seeing ads on tv showing holiday decorations. Our house used to be filled with decorations. This year it feels overwhelming to think about even one small tree.

• gampiano
    gampiano Member Posts: 329
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

SDianeL,

I will offer a special intention for you this weekend, and pray for a good outcome.

With love,

Maureen

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Dear SDianeL,

I will certainly be praying for you to be cancer free and for you and your DH to have peace and comfort as you go through this difficult journey. Please keep us posted.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

@SDianeL Sending big hugs and daily prayers for you and yours..

• Windsock
    Windsock Member Posts: 23
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes

I will pray for you as well, SDianeL. What a difficult time for you.

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 193
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Prayers for a good result from your biopsy and some peace to you and DH. The holidays are always a hard time.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

🙏 that whatever your needs are, they will be provided.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Prayers for both you and DH. The glass is always half full until it’s not. Think positive; you can do this! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Prayers for you and your dh! Waiting for results is always the hardest part in my opinion!

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Prayers and warm thoughts. I was diagnosed last week with lung cancer and am waiting to take the PET test to see if it has spread. So, I too am waiting for the test and then the results. I am trying to be optimistic and hopeful that I can accept the results regardless of what they are.

Dave

• RoseBirds
    RoseBirds Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    > @SDianeL said:
    > I posted the need for prayers a few weeks ago. My DH, 78 has Alzheimer's-Posterior Cortical Atrophy, diagnosed 2 years ago. Current Stage 5 going into 6. I had breast cancer in 2017 with radiation. Now changes caused the doctor to order an MRI which showed some skin issues, Ultrasound with was inconclusive, and yesterday had 2 punch biopsies. I am terrified that I have an aggressive form of breast cancer. What will happen to my DH? I get the biopsy results before Thanksgiving and see the surgeon & oncologists Wednesday. To top it all off, I ordered a small 4' Christmas tree that was delivered today. MY DH pitched a hissy fit about me spending all our money and he obsessed over it being in the living room. I broke down in tears. I'm not sure I can do this anymore. Going to talk to his Geriatric Psychiatrist as soon as she is back in the office. Prayers appreciated.

Praying for you. I'm brand new to this site and hope I'm answering correctly. Have not done anything here before. Your post resonates with me because I, too, had breast cancer in 2018. My DH had a CT scan of his brain recently that confirmed what I already knew. Along with his heart disease the arteries to his head are getting blocked. He isn't the man I married decades ago. That intelligent, kind person is gone, gone, gone. He would also get upset if I bought a Christmas tree, so I won't. We don't have children or grandchildren nearby who will help us, and I feel so alone in this mess. He's mean... Along with it I wonder about my own memory issues. Are they induced by stress? It seems so, but I'm tempted to make an appointment with the neurologist I took him to see. He swears he won't go back to him and hates him. I liked him. Enough about me ... I feel your pain and will pray for you. Hope you will also pray for me. Blessings, Gail (user RosieBirds)
  • Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 468
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

((((hugs))))

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Davegrant, I am so sorry to hear that. I’ll be praying that your PET scan shows good results and that your lung cancer can be removed or treated without too much trauma to you. You already have so much on your plate with your wife.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Diane, let us know how your appointments go tomorrow. Dave, i am so sorry to hear this. We seem to be dealing with a lot of illness in our caregivers group at the moment. Rosebirds, welcome to the forum. You will get more responses if you start a new discussion.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    edited November 2023

@SDianeL

Thinking of you today.

HB

@Dave Cahail

I am sorry to hear this.

HB

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

@SDianeL sending good vibes today ❤️

• tigersmom
    tigersmom Member Posts: 196
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

SDianeL and Davegrant, I am thinking of you both today. Hoping against hope that you both get the best news possible. It does not seem fair that with everything else on your plates, you have this to deal with, too.

• Razduck
    Razduck Member Posts: 13
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

My prayers be with you and your DH. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia