Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Happy Thanksgiving

I would like to wish my fellow caregivers and their families a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone gets to enjoy the day.

Comments

• charley0419
    charley0419 Member Posts: 354
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

May feelings also.

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Today . I am grateful for all of it with gratitude and acceptance.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Many things to be thankful for, despite the profound challenges of this AD caregiving life. Among them is my enormous gratitude for this community, populated with the most caring and generous people on this earth. Thankful for all of you and hope you have a special day.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

agree completely Jeff. Blessings to all of us.....

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 193
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Happy Thanksgiving to all

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 835
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you Joe. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of our forum. You all have made this journey more bearable. I hope you all have peace.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Jeff said it so well. Happy thanksgiving to all of you and we can all find something to be grateful for!

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thinking of all of you on this Thanksgiving day

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

You all have expressed what I might have written. But now I want to just simply Thank God for all He does for each of us everyday. I am greatful for this my forum family. Happy Thanksgiving

Stewart

• MrBurns
    MrBurns Member Posts: 10
    5 Care Reactions 5 Likes First Comment

Everyone's journey is different, I know. But as I said at my local caregivers meeting yesterday, it's such a blessing and a help to have the wisdom and insight of those who are farther along the road than I am.

Though I am sometimes overwhelmed and discouraged when I hear about what probably lies ahead, it is still good to know about it. I may never be completely ready, but at least I'll be better prepared than I would have without all of you.

Thanks to everyone here. May your holiday season have at least some shining moments!

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 850
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving! I am so grateful for this forum, and for each and everyone of you.

• Kat63
    Kat63 Member Posts: 60
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy Thanksgiving. I am certainly thankful for this group and everyone’s input. Enjoy this day with your loved ones.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Thank you all for being who you are...kind and welcoming to strangers...giving of your knowledge and experience...understanding of another's woes and needs...always ready with a helping hand.

Wishing each of you a Happy Thanksgiving and hoping that the road you travel will somehow become easier.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving, one day late. As usual, there was so much food, we will be doing “round two” tonight. I will be eternally grateful to all of you on this forum for your guidance, occasional humor, support, prayers, and good wishes as I navigated my Alz journey and emerged in stage 8, relatively unscathed. May you all reach the light at the end of the tunnel unscathed. Stay strong.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Another day late Happy Thanksgiving. It was just the 3 of us this year and I did the cooking while my sister kept my DH entertained with the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, but all in all it was a good day. With all the food I don’t have to worry about what to make for dinner for the next few days!

I’m so thankful for this forum and everyone here. I learn more on this forum about my husband’s day to day care than anywhere else. All of you are a blessing. Thank you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more