Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just Need Some Prayers update 12/1/2023

2»

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Diane I’m so sorry to read about your dx. Sounds like you are getting very prepared in such a short time. I have looked at some VA homes and yes they are not just for dementia patients. But since it is mainly for men, they do kinda look out for their “brothers “. That was something I was not really prepared to see.

prayers for you and your dh. Praying for strength and peace for you, so glad you have your daughter there for support for you!! May God be with you!!

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 884
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you for that info. So glad your husband is doing well. Gives me much needed hope. I am in Tampa FL. I am currently going to BayCare doctors who are awesome. In January when I switch back to regular Medicare, I will go back to Moffitt Cancer Center which has a Sarcoma group. The head of that group trained at MD Anderson so that's comforting. BayCare will start the chemo next Wednesday. 2x a week for 2 weeks then rest a week. My daughter works at Moffitt Cancer Center in medical records (Health Information Management). Been there 35 years and just promoted to a manger.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Do keep us posted, glad the PET was negative. Hopefully the MRI will be as well. I hope knowing your DH is in a safe place will be of some comfort.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dear Diane; my heart goes out to you; it is amazing how quickly you have managed to put a plan together; that is amazing.

May all turn out better than thought, and my peace and serenity find you soon.

With a soft hug to a special person,

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living