Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Article on Positive Experience With Placement

The Attached article is one caregivers positive experience with placement. I can relate to much of what he is writing about from my experience at my wife’s MC. I have gotten to know many of the other residents and have had a lot of positive interaction with them.

https://flip.it/gYJ2Tp

Comments

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you, Joe. I read the article twice and smiled wider each time. DH's MC facility was small (16 residents), cozy and warm. I only visited once a week since it was a distance and DH didn't know who I was from day one. So, I befriended the residents, their families, the caregivers, housekeepers, office staff, etc. and truly enjoyed each visit. I took DH's friend from high school along; she fit right in and looked forward to returning. Our youngest granddaughter went as often as she was able, bagging school once for a Christmas get together. It was never sad or depressing; I never regretted going there. DH was there for 17 months; during his last days, off duty staff stopped by to visit and meet my kids from out of town. During his final hours, a favorite nurse and a devoted caregiver sat with us and cried with us. I have returned to visit; I will return again. I so appreciate all those great people who loved and cared for "coach" when I no longer could. Thanks again!

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    edited December 2023

I look forward to the day I can visit without any trauma to DH or myself. I've been interacting only with the facility management and DH's core caregiving leads. They have kept me well informed and often gone above and beyond their duties to make it easy for DH and me. Bless this MCF and its staff.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more