Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Dizzy and uti, just my luck

Not having a good weekend.

Since late last night yesterday I've been extremely dizzy and unsteady. After not keeping down my oatmeal and a slice of bread this morning/afternoon, I went to the walk-in clinic and they said I had a uti and are running a culture on it. They gave me meds for the nausea/dizziness and antibiotics.

We have a new aide coming tomorrow and I hope I can stand up and talk to them about what they'll be doing with mom. Mom should be okay up until Wednesday as far as her care goes but I don't know about me.

Tagged:

Comments

• Emily 123
    Emily 123 Member Posts: 747
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions

You must feel awful. I’m so sorry. Hopefully you can have a good night’s rest and the antibiotics will work their magic. Try to hydrate a bit if you can.😕

• CatsWithHandsAreTrouble
    CatsWithHandsAreTrouble Member Posts: 370
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

@Emily 123 thanks. Doc said small sips every 15 minutes and I got a bottle of electrolytes to help. The nausea meds working great but I am still so dizzy

• forbarbara
    forbarbara Member Posts: 163

Hang in there.

@forbarbara thank you. 💪 Hanging in as best as I can.

Well the aide is either late or a no show. Not feeling too great about that. Dad needs a break but I can't help that when I'm sick

• Emily 123
    Emily 123 Member Posts: 747
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions

Of course you can’t! Something a little salty or maybe something with ginger might help?

Being on bed rest seems to be helping a lot. Anti nausea meds are working too. The clinic just called and said the culture came back negative and to come back for a follow up if symptoms aren't improving. But they seem to be

Day three, going on four, of being dizzy. I'm thinking about going back to the clinic. I'm just not sure what they meant by "no improvement" because I'm markablely not as dizzy as the first day but family is like "you should be MORE better by now."

Thankfully the in-home care agency had someone scheduled for the full day today so I don't have to worry about mom and being dizzy

Went back and turns out there is also an ear infection on the mix. I stated multiple times that I'm the caregiver for my mother with late stage dementia and this time they actually prescribed medication for the dizziness. The doctor I got this time had family with dementia so he was very understanding and also tried to be more thorough than the dude I got Sunday.

• SusanB-dil
    SusanB-dil Member Posts: 1,088
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Oh, my! Glad you got somebody like that this time 'round.

Feel better quick! from all of that!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney